Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we need more moderators?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I suppose the only other option is for me to quit work, never sleep, and stay online 24/7. I guess I could do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I suppose the only other option is for me to quit work, never sleep, and stay online 24/7. I guess I could do that?
    Wait, you mean you could have even less of a life?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I have no way to get in touch with him outside of PMs. Just got rid of everything that guy posted, never thought we'd see him again.
    Was it Crespoblows?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

YOTN, he is still up to his nonsense.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

There should be a 72 hour provision period before noobies are able to posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    There should be a 72 hour provision period before noobies are able to posts.
    I don't see how that would change anything

Was it Crespoblows?
    No, just some guy who apparently had some issue with another person on the site who was themselves banned long before he showed up.

Guys, I'm sorry about all the images, but as I keep having to say, I can't be on all the time. The best I can do is get rid of everything as soon as I do log on. In the meantime, the best I can suggest is to just put the guy on your ignore list once the first images go up and wait for me to be online again. I've PMed YZ again, hopefully I'll hear from him soon.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Yeah, as an individual who just became of age to legally view these images, I'm starting to get more and more offended. No worries, though. I know you're doing your best.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't see how that would change anything
    Banish returns cannot immediately posts for 3 days by making a new account. Lots of messageboard has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Banish returns cannot immediately posts for 3 days by making a new account. Lots of messageboard has it.
    Gotcha. Was not aware of this

This guy keeps claiming that some other user was a pedophile and we should have banned him. What kills me is that we did, a long time ago. Obviously this is just your garden-variety gross-out troll, but it's an interesting track he's taking, I guess. Unique.

Okay everyone, until YZ responds to my PM and E-mail, here's what I suggest: Keep an eye on the bottom of the homepage that lists "Most Recent Members". Pre-emptively add each new member to your ignore list as soon as you see a name appear, and whenever I am online, I'll check their posts to let you guys know if they're legitimate or not.

Posting from my phone for now, I'll get online later tonight. The new spam member thing should be fixed for now. I'll talk to YOTN about new mods.

Also hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. Absentee admin

Nothing like the Admin showing up and fixing everything in 15 seconds to make me feel small and insignificant.