Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/19 at KC

06/19 at KC

Velazquez vs Hammel

Last night, I put all my mojo into the Sox winning. I warned my beard that if Price lost, I'd be getting the clippers out. Tonight, I'll do the same. Both pitchers kinda suck, but the Sox are due for a 10+ runs scored game.

Let's do this!

This is the official thread. Please delete the other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Velazquez vs Hammel

Last night, I put all my mojo into the Sox winning. I warned my beard that if Price lost, I'd be getting the clippers out. Tonight, I'll do the same. Both pitchers kinda suck, but the Sox are due for a 10+ runs scored game.

Let's do this!

This is the official thread. Please delete the other thread.
    Is the weather getting too hot for the beard?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Is the weather getting too hot for the beard?
    No, I've managed so far. The worst is when I'm doing yardwork and my beard ends up being 15% grass clippings by the time I'm done. The second worst is that it started to shed like a german shepherd after growing in for 6 months. It's much more maintenance than being clean shaven.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    No, I've managed so far. The worst is when I'm doing yardwork and my beard ends up being 15% grass clippings by the time I'm done. The second worst is that it started to shed like a german shepherd after growing in for 6 months. It's much more maintenance than being clean shaven.
    Are you leaving hairballs around the house? LOL! My Dog sheds in clumps.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

MVP Beard mojo!

We got this!

no way we lose tonight.
    beards FTW.
    other names i have posted under: none

Are you leaving hairballs around the house? LOL! My Dog sheds in clumps.
    Let's just say, if you yank on my beard, there's a good chance a strand of hair will wind up in your fingers.

Cfd0NNDWcAEzcAs.jpg

Deity
    Tonight is the Sox 14th straight game without a break, so the bullpen has been huge. Sox are 10-7 in June, and 12 of those 17 games were on the road. Older fans will remember the expression "june swoon" was regularly used to describe our season. Heck, I think you can say that about last year.

But something seems to be happening to the team as whole. They are finding ways to win, even on the road. I'm anti-Pomeranz, but he won one game in June, lost another, and pitched well enough to win in his 3d game, a game we won, 2-1, after he left. Pomeranz is almost compensating for the wreck Porcello has become, largely because of control issues. Sale is back. Price is almost back but doesn't quite command his breaking stuff. And somehow Johnson/Velazquez/whoever are adequate for the 5 slot. ERod should return in our lifetimes, like after the All-Star break.

Hitting is still well below John Henry era norms, but it is coming back enough to justify kimmi and others' optimism. Infield lacks range on defense, and the outfield is the opposite--not only excellent range, but good, accurate arms.

12 games to 81 and more than that to the All-Star game. Indeed, the last 10 games before the ASG are all on the road. If the current trend holds up, the bullpen should get most of the credit.

In the game thread on the 2-1 win over Houston, I remember writing that I was pleased with how things were going even though it was a 0-0 game. I liked how Pom was pitching, but I also liked that Sox hitters with RISP at least hit the ball hard even though it was right to someone.

Last night Betts, Pedroia, and Bogaerts came out swinging and not trying to get a walk and all three hit the ball hard, but only Bogie hit it out.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 06-19-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Red Sox lineup

1. Mookie Bettts, RF
    2. Andrew Benintendi, LF
    3. Xander Bogaerts, SS

4. Mitch Moreland, 1B
    5. Hanley Ramirez, DH
    6. Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
    7. Josh Rutledge, 2B
    8. Pablo Sandoval, 3B
    9. Christian Vazquez, C

Hector Velazquez, RHP

No Pedroia -- out with a bad back after the HBP.

What about Betts? His joints must be out off socket.

Deity
    [FONT="]Red Sox lineup

[/FONT]

[FONT="]1. Mookie Bettts, RF[/FONT]
    [FONT="]2. Andrew Benintendi, LF
    3. Xander Bogaerts, SS[/FONT]

[FONT="]4. Mitch Moreland, 1B[/FONT]
    [FONT="]5. Hanley Ramirez, DH[/FONT]
    [FONT="]6. Jackie Bradley Jr., CF[/FONT]
    [FONT="]7. Josh Rutledge, 2B[/FONT]
    [FONT="]8. Pablo Sandoval, 3B[/FONT]
    [FONT="]9. Christian Vazquez, C[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    Hector Velazquez, RHP[/FONT]

No Pedroia -- out with a bad back after the HBP.
    I checked the game thread right after both Betts and Pedroia were HBP back to back and was astonished to see no outcry on talksox. I say this because the replays suggest both HBP's were intentional, but especially the one to Pedroia who was in fact injured.

The replays suggest that the HBP were intentional? How?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

It was a 1 run game. Why would the Astros be throwing at our hitters?

I was at the games in Houston.

No way were the HBPs intentional.

1) There was no reason to single out either of these two players for anything they had done earlier.

2) The Sox had not done anything to bring on a "payback".

3) The game was way too close for the Astros to put two guys on with no out.

Fake news.

So we are going to roll this tomato canto the mound every 5th game until July?