Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Yankees Trade Rumors

2017 Yankees Trade Rumors

The Padres are trying to entice the Yankees to bid for Brad Hand. They want Torres, which is a definite no-go.

The Yankees are pursuing a trade for Justin Bour of the Marlins. He has big power and a good eye and while he is 29, he is under control for awhile. The price will probably be steep, although I would assume Greg Bird would be involved in the deal if one comes to fruition.
    Hal sucks

Legend
    He goes to Yankee Stadium, with Bour, you can start Murder's Row again. Bour made for that Park.

Sanchez, Bour, Judge, Holy shit.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-11-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Yeah, I'm on the Bour train after last night. That guy has a swing made for Yankee Stadium

Legend
    Sanchez impressed me the most night. My reason, he had the quickest hands of all the Sluggers.
    I cracked up last night when the Yankee Fans put that sign up "Case Dismissed" after Judge hit.

Looks like NY is doing due diligence on Gray and Darvish. NY isn't offering anything big for either as Gray has major injury history and Darvish is a rental. Nothing big to report on the 1b front. NY not offering much for Alonso at this point. We might be at the point where the team is what it is. I could see an Ellsbury deal come August with NY eating most of the contract, but that doesn't need to be consummated until Hicks returns

Yankees and A's getting more involved for Gray and Alonso. I haven't heard what the return package would be, but I'd assume it'd be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yankees and A's getting more involved for Gray and Alonso. I haven't heard what the return package would be, but I'd assume it'd be significant.
    It looks like the A's are asking for Florial as the center piece of the deal, I don't like it at all, Gray is injury prone and Alonso is justa rental; in the other side Florial, I believe, will be a superstar, probably top 10 prospect in all baseball this time next year, besides they traded Rutherford because of him, so I hope they don't trade him

We are pretty loaded in the OF. Judge, Hicks, Frazier and Fowler is a damn strong top 4. Florial is a solid prospect who could be a top 10 prospect in baseball, but we also need to consider the return. If we get 2.4 years of Gray, then we get an ace like performer during his prime without major long term, high money commitments. Gray was hurt last year and started this year on the DL. His performance this year has been pretty ace like and is actually trending up. Durability concerns will limit the package.

Legend
    With the Relievers you got, you wont have to stretch Gray. Keep him fresh.

I don't think they will get Gray, i think Cashman let this rumor to fly while he's preparing something else

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I don't think they will get Gray, i think Cashman let this rumor to fly while he's preparing something else
    I agree, theres too much noise on this for anything to come of it. Cashman moves you never hear anything about.

There is too much smoke and Cash isn't the one sending smoke signals. We can move forward as is, but our playoff rotation will be pretty light. We need someone to grab hold of the 5 spot. Cessa hasn't. Mitchell hasn't. I like Smith and am glad he's slotted to start one more time, but I'm not convinced he's the answer either. I am hoping Chance Adams moves up, but there's been no inclination that the Yankees are doing that. With how bad Tanaka has been, the Yankees need to worry about 2 rotation slots and after getting a gift from the prospect fairy this year and seeing Sevy turn into an ace and JMont into a reliable starter, I'm not sure we can ask for more big league development this season. I think we'll nab someone, but I doubt it'll be on the level of a Gray or Darvish. I could see us get Garcia from the Twins who'd be more a back end starter who can eat some innings before the lockdown pen comes in. This team is very intriguing and these next few days will be fun

Jaime Garcia for Zach Littel? Looks like it's possible. We got Littel from the M's for James Pazos. He's a back end starting prospect who tops out low 90s, but has a nice 3 pitch mix. He's been one of the best starters in our system this year, but is trumped in terms of upside by Kaprielian, Sheffield, Acevedo and Adams.

Legend
    Looks like the Yanks are getting Gray.

Shit!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."