Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pablo is no more

Spend less money on the Morelands of the world.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Pete was actually being a little kind not including Hanley in there.
    Makes you wonder how the Sox FO could be that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Too many cooks in the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    Spend less money on the Morelands of the world.
    ? Kind of an odd place for this comment...even after his recent slump (and keeping in mind he has been playing through an injury), Moreland has been very solid on an unobtrusive 1-year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Please, no more personal attacks about fatties that have no interest in being useful for the remainder of their 8 digit contracts. It's not polite. He's out the door. Let him commence his late era Marlon Brando phase immediately. My guess is that some restaurant on Federal Hill will be very busy today.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!1!111

Even morbidly obese Brando was still making movies.

Good riddance.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

@PeteAbe

From July 31-Nov. 25, 2014, Red Sox traded for Allen Craig and signed Rusney Castillo and Pablo Sandoval. $195.4 million for minus-1.5 WAR
    Strong business acumen.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Makes you wonder how filthy rich these fucks ar that they can throw away $50. million . I will never fear that the Sox can not afford a player again.

Rusney deal was unbelievable at the time. It was the Puig Gold Rush...teams clamoring to sign an unproven player and the Sox won the bidding, sadly.

Legend
    Too many cooks in the kitchen.
    Jhonny Peralta was brought through the organization and released yesterday. What were they hoping for there? Now Sandoval is released. Finally they moved Devers closer to ML callup and you have to wonder about the status of Rutledge and Holt. DD says he wants to make any trades by the 31st which is now just about 2 weeks away.

If I were JH, I would warn my decision makers on personnel that bad choices would be reason for dismissal.

still to be decided which contract will end up being worse....david price or pablo sandoval.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Price contract will pay off because he will finally win a playoff start (hoping :-) ) Sandoval and CC can't be matched. Both are and were travesties as Sox.

I wonder what Marrero and Lin are thinking now.

Not sure Hanley is in the same boat: he had a decent year last year. What I don't understand is why they DH'd him, as he demonstrated pretty clearly that when he wasn't involved defensively (i.e., stuck in left field), his hitting suffered as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I wonder what Marrero and Lin are thinking now.
    Probably to keep practicing their defense at other positions. If Lin can keep hitting about .275, he'll have a bench spot since he's more athletic than Holt or Rutledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Makes you wonder how filthy rich these fucks ar that they can throw away $50. million . I will never fear that the Sox can not afford a player again.
    Absolutely right!!! But we are constantly reminded that the Red Sox are reluctant to spend over the luxury tax limit. They must stay within their budget. Not much of a budget if you ask me. Hanley doesn't start producing he will be the next one to go.