Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yankees make blockbuster deal with CWS

You guys are still the favorites. I just like how this sets us up for next season. With Darvish a FA target on the hill and our offensive guys getting their feet wet, we are primed to hit a year early. With the lockdown pen and potentially a solid rotation, this team could be the favorites as early as 2018. We arrived a bit sooner than expected, but i don't think this is our year

It has been reported that the Red Sox were never really close to acquiring Frazier and so, to me, it sounds like Dombrowski got involved in order to force Cashman to overpay. Mission accomplished. For the Red Sox to match or beat the Yankees offer, they would have had to include Groome, and I'm glad the Red Sox didn't go there. Let the Yankees trade away a highly regarded prospect for a so-so return.

A so-so return? You're high, aren't you?

We received two closer caliber relievers with more than a year of affordable contracts, and a rental who upgrades a position of need. For a very good prospect who is still 2-3 years away, playing a position that is overcrowded in our system. To me everyone else the Yanks threw into the deal was fodder. Clarkin is a former first round pick who has disappointed to date but is having a bounce back year (could it be a resurgence? Maybe, but we decided to sell while he regained some value), Polo is an undersized high energy guy who projects as a 4th OFer, and Clippard is Clippard. All in all I think the trade worked out for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    It has been reported that the Red Sox were never really close to acquiring Frazier and so, to me, it sounds like Dombrowski got involved in order to force Cashman to overpay. Mission accomplished. For the Red Sox to match or beat the Yankees offer, they would have had to include Groome, and I'm glad the Red Sox didn't go there. Let the Yankees trade away a highly regarded prospect for a so-so return.
    It was a fair deal for both sides, IMO. I wasn't that high on getting Frazier, but I would have liked getting the 2 relievers that they got. That said, Dombrowski should not have tried to match or beat the Yankees offer, and I'm very glad he didn't.

The two relief pitchers the Yankees got are what they paid for. Its not like they gave up the prospect for Frazier. Frazier was literally a throw in. it was a good trade on paper for both sides. if all these prospects pan out- white sox could be sick in a few years

The two guys they got aside from Rutherford have limited ceilings. If Rutherford hits his ceiling, then it works for both sides. I think this deal sets up an offseason Betances deal

I just saw in a different site, that it might be another deal coming between the Yanks and the white sox, sending Abreu to the Yankees, no word yet of who might be included in the deal from the Yankees, I assume Headley +prospects +some cash to offset Headley salary, it makes sense from the Yankees perspective, not sure from the other side. The Yankees need a 1st base and they might be loosing several interesting players to the rule 5 this winter, I know is wishful thinking but I like it

Pure speculation as of now

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I just saw in a different site, that it might be another deal coming between the Yanks and the white sox, sending Abreu to the Yankees, no word yet of who might be included in the deal from the Yankees, I assume Headley +prospects +some cash to offset Headley salary, it makes sense from the Yankees perspective, not sure from the other side. The Yankees need a 1st base and they might be loosing several interesting players to the rule 5 this winter, I know is wishful thinking but I like it

Pure speculation as of now
    I would be shocked if that happened. I can't imagine what it would cost to pry away Jose Abreu.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I would be shocked if that happened. I can't imagine what it would cost to pry away Jose Abreu.
    Not as much as you'd think.

I saw in another site a list of the next 10 players which will be Rule 5 candidates for this winter, some of them are only trade bait, but some are very interesting and solid prospects:

1: Domingo Acevedo– RHP big powerful arm can touch 103MPH
    2: Albert Abreu– RHP reaches 100 MPH (DL)
    3: Zack Littell– RHP Low 90's fastball Good control
    4: Billy McKinney– OF
    5: Thairo Estrada– IF Contact hitter, good glove blocked in the organization
    6: JP Feyereisen– Hard-throwing reliever. can touch 100MPH
    7: Nestor Cortes– LHP
    8: Abiatal Avelino– IF - Obvious trade candidate also blocked in the organization
    9: Daniel Camarena– LHP
    10: Rashad Crawford– OF

The ones I'd like to protect are the first three, in order to do that another trade with pieces from the ML team needs to happen to make room for them

Blockbuster? Hyperbole. A bunch of prospects for relievers and a 3rd baseman. Nevertheless, Yankees are trying. At 27 world series, everything else is gravy. Though I'd like to see 30 WS before I die or MLB shuts down, the point is moot. Yankees are the most successful franchise PERIOD. That indisputable claim reduces the teleology of the Sox to absurdity.

How many championships have the Sox won? 7, 8, 9?
    Answer: Irrelevant.

How many championships have the Yankees won?
    Answer: Also irrelevant.

Given a long enough time frame, the prospects of all things are reduced to zero.

In the interim, Red Sox fans don't need to delay gratification to the end of the season holding out for the prospect of another WS championship. They can masturbate right now. The transient pleasure gained amounts to the same thing. Actually, it's a surer thing. Fantasy baseball anyone?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I saw in another site a list of the next 10 players which will be Rule 5 candidates for this winter, some of them are only trade bait, but some are very interesting and solid prospects:

1: Domingo Acevedo– RHP big powerful arm can touch 103MPH
    2: Albert Abreu– RHP reaches 100 MPH (DL)
    3: Zack Littell– RHP Low 90's fastball Good control
    4: Billy McKinney– OF
    5: Thairo Estrada– IF Contact hitter, good glove blocked in the organization
    6: JP Feyereisen– Hard-throwing reliever. can touch 100MPH
    7: Nestor Cortes– LHP
    8: Abiatal Avelino– IF - Obvious trade candidate also blocked in the organization
    9: Daniel Camarena– LHP
    10: Rashad Crawford– OF

The ones I'd like to protect are the first three, in order to do that another trade with pieces from the ML team needs to happen to make room for them
    I could see them trading Jake Cave for a minor leaguer they like. Acevedo, Abreu, Littel, and even Estrada are most adds for me. I think McKinney goes to AFL and has to prove himself there. Even Feyereisen.

We are going to purge a bunch of garbage by then anyway. I'm not worried about the Rule V this year. We will add the good ones for sure

Quote Originally Posted by yankonyankee View Post
    Blockbuster? Hyperbole. A bunch of prospects for relievers and a 3rd baseman. Nevertheless, Yankees are trying. At 27 world series, everything else is gravy. Though I'd like to see 30 WS before I die or MLB shuts down, the point is moot. Yankees are the most successful franchise PERIOD. That indisputable claim reduces the teleology of the Sox to absurdity.

How many championships have the Sox won? 7, 8, 9?
    Answer: Irrelevant.

How many championships have the Yankees won?
    Answer: Also irrelevant.

Given a long enough time frame, the prospects of all things are reduced to zero.

In the interim, Red Sox fans don't need to delay gratification to the end of the season holding out for the prospect of another WS championship. They can masturbate right now. The transient pleasure gained amounts to the same thing. Actually, it's a surer thing. Fantasy baseball anyone?
    This is the most pretentious post on the internet. I'm pretty sure you fellated yourself while you were typing this tripe.
    Last edited by BstHcpr; 07-21-2017 at 07:43 AM.