Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: Definitive, sustantiated role of Pedroia in Price/Eck incident

  1. #46
    And yea this is about th re Boston media. Fans like Eckersley. When Sox players rip someone Shaughnessy, its Shaughnessy who winds up with the funny nickname.
    Last edited by notin; 07-29-2017 at 11:14 AM.

  2. #47
    What Price did was uncalled for and unacceptable. He was 1000% wrong. No amount of spin can change that. He needs to apologize. Then we move on. As for the other players ; most of them have underperformed pretty much all year. There must be a reason for that, but I have no idea what it is. Farrell and the coaches should have some clue. Do they?

  3. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Just let it go.

    Man, this town is tough.

    Everyone and everything is under a million microscopes.
    or a magnifying glass in this case.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    "Relax kid, we've got 162 of these games to go."

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    So many people on this site said that the sox O would be fine without Ortiz. You might be having some revisionism here.
    Actually there were quite a few people here that absolutely believed that this offense was suspect coming into the season.

  5. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    What Price did was uncalled for and unacceptable. He was 1000% wrong. No amount of spin can change that. He needs to apologize. Then we move on. As for the other players ; most of them have underperformed pretty much all year. There must be a reason for that, but I have no idea what it is. Farrell and the coaches should have some clue. Do they?
    We can all have our opinions regarding what was said and done but when we start assuming that we we really know what happened we are making a mistake. That is meddling. Once again, it should have been dealt with on the plane and ended. It is none of our business. Two grown men perhaps will at some pint sit down and discuss what happened between them. The best thing a fan can do right now is stay out of their business and do what fans are supposed to do.

  6. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    What Price did was uncalled for and unacceptable. He was 1000% wrong. No amount of spin can change that. He needs to apologize. Then we move on. As for the other players ; most of them have underperformed pretty much all year. There must be a reason for that, but I have no idea what it is. Farrell and the coaches should have some clue. Do they?
    Sure Price was out of line and should be accountable. But how is that the business of anyone except Price and Eckersley?

  7. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    we can all have our opinions regarding what was said and done but when we start assuming that we we really know what happened we are making a mistake. That is meddling. Once again, it should have been dealt with on the plane and ended. It is none of our business. Two grown men perhaps will at some pint sit down and discuss what happened between them. The best thing a fan can do right now is stay out of their business and do what fans are supposed to do.
    this!!!^^^

  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Sure Price was out of line and should be accountable. But how is that the business of anyone except Price and Eckersley?
    It's everybody's business now because the story got out and it's the internet age. At the least, Farrell probably should have realized this was going to become a problem and he and Price should have both personally apologized.

  9. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    this!!!^^^
    Thanks notin - We all love this team and lifelong fans probably do feel as though it is in some way or another our team. The Red Sox really are fortunate that they have such a passionate fan base. When I hear people talk about how tough it is to play in Boston, I can't help but think that it is always tough to play somewhere that you are expected to win. It is a good thing for the most part but it can get messy sometimes I guess.

  10. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's everybody's business now because the story got out and it's the internet age. At the least, Farrell probably should have realized this was going to become a problem and he and Price should have both personally apologized.

    For all of the good that people think has come from the internet age there are still times that maybe we actually might be better off without it.

  11. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's everybody's business now because the story got out and it's the internet age. At the least, Farrell probably should have realized this was going to become a problem and he and Price should have both personally apologized.
    So that argument hinges on just because people know about something, it becomes their business?

  12. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So that argument hinges on just because people know about something, it becomes their business?
    I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's the way this shit works now, so it's up to Farrell to know how to manage it so it doesn't disrupt his team.

  13. #58
    I see Price came out today admitting (supposedly) he didn't handle things well last year. He is now waiting for Eck to reach out to him to clear the air. (Doesn't sound to me like much has changed). Apparently Eck needs to apologize for getting on the plane and subjecting himself to abuse from this a-hole, and Price is generously willing to at least discuss it.

  14. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    I see Price came out today admitting (supposedly) he didn't handle things well last year. He is now waiting for Eck to reach out to him to clear the air. (Doesn't sound to me like much has changed). Apparently Eck needs to apologize for getting on the plane and subjecting himself to abuse from this a-hole, and Price is generously willing to at least discuss it.
    Hey jad - crap happens! Give the guy a break and lets see what happens. He still can throw the ball and he is going to be here for a number of years. We need his arm to get it done.

  15. #60
    Ha! Blessedly, I don't think any professional athlete gives a crap what I think! So I can consider him a p.o.s. as a person, and still hope he gets his location back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •