Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Definitive, sustantiated role of Pedroia in Price/Eck incident

Definitive, sustantiated role of Pedroia in Price/Eck incident

I've read conflicting reports as to whether Pedey was present and backed Price or not in the immediate vicinity and had no role in this episode.

Can someone please present a reliable source on what transpired as to Pedroia's position?

Why does anybody care?

Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    I've read conflicting reports as to whether Pedey was present and backed Price or not in the immediate vicinity and had no role in this episode.

Can someone please present a reliable source on what transpired as to Pedroia's position?
    Sorry, I don't think there's going to be any such thing unless someone captured the incident on their handheld device.

Pedroia said something mean to a sportswriter! Im sad feva

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Why does anybody care?
    if they do , they souldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Sorry, I don't think there's going to be any such thing unless someone captured the incident on their handheld device.
    The new Zapruder footage.

Back and to the left...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

They drew Sam Kennedy into it today.

He says Eck is due an apology.

I didn't care and thought the matter had died until yesterday.

But there are clicks and ratings ( money ) at stake and it appears to be the most interesting story about this team this year so far for the majority of fans who love being fed this shit.

This team needs to go on a sustained run of games won starting about now or this issue will come to define this season.

Inconsistent results and the appearance of an unsettled and spoiled clubhouse will eventually hit Henry in the wallet.

Not that I care about that ghoul.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Legend
    Pretty soon they owe the Fans an apology. Yanks half game behind.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    They drew Sam Kennedy into it today.

He says Eck is due an apology.

I didn't care and thought the matter had died until yesterday.

But there are clicks and ratings ( money ) at stake and it appears to be the most interesting story about this team this year so far for the majority of fans who love being fed this shit.

This team needs to go on a sustained run of games won starting about now or this issue will come to define this season.

Inconsistent results and the appearance of an unsettled and spoiled clubhouse will eventually hit Henry in the wallet.

Not that I care about that ghoul.
    It has gotten to be a ridiculous non event. Everything that I read about it yesterday said that Eck was owed an apology and that he got it. I never got the impression that Kennedy was speaking for Farrell or Price. For himself and upper level management. Reading the latest headlines and just the the headlines seem to indicate that he thinks Farrell and Price should apologize. I don't think that that was what he said. I think that you are right on about someone trying to actually drum up some interest in an otherwise uninteresting team. I don't think that media cares at all whether the report is accurately reported or not. Create some news - that is it. Bullshit - just play ball. Eck is a big boy - He can handle this just fine.

Just let it go.

Man, this town is tough.

Everyone and everything is under a million microscopes.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    It has gotten to be a ridiculous non event. Everything that I read about it yesterday said that Eck was owed an apology and that he got it. I never got the impression that Kennedy was speaking for Farrell or Price. For himself and upper level management. Reading the latest headlines and just the the headlines seem to indicate that he thinks Farrell and Price should apologize. I don't think that that was what he said. I think that you are right on about someone trying to actually drum up some interest in an otherwise uninteresting team. I don't think that media cares at all whether the report is accurately reported or not. Create some news - that is it. Bullshit - just play ball. Eck is a big boy - He can handle this just fine.
    Boston sportswriters do almost nothing but keep these types of non-events alive wee beyond any relevance they might have had at ond point.

I don't know the facts for this and I don't need to. I would be very surprised if this was the first time something like this happened in Boston or if the Sox were the only team with such an incident this month.

But I do know the Boston sportswriters will drive all this home with greater fervor the the "Great Chicken and Beer Fiasco"....

Legend
    Patriots have had a lot more controversy than the Sox, Belichick controls the media, not other way around. Deflategate was over 2 years. hahaha, little BS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Patriots have had a lot more controversy than the Sox, Belichick controls the media, not other way around.
    Nobody controls the media. Belichick couldn't do a thing to stop Spygate or Deflategate.

The Pats do have a great solution to these things, though-keep winning and collecting Super Bowl rings.

Legend
    You ever see a Press Conference? There scared shitless to ask him question. He controls the local media, the best.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-28-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Just let it go.

Man, this town is tough.

Everyone and everything is under a million microscopes.
    IMO this post is a lot like shooting the messenger, with the media being the messenger.

We've got two players on this team who've acted like absolute douches this year, one of them doing it once (or twice?) and the other has made a season of doing it. When we begin to accept this as acceptable behavior we're also condoning it.

Maybe this stuff happens all the time and we don't hear about it - or maybe it doesn't - but if it does our not hearing about it doesn't make it any less egregious. I believe that as some of the people who are 'paying the freight' for this team we have a right to be outraged when the players don't live up to our standards and this is our only place to vent the frustration.

In light of all of this, while I care about this team in terms of wins and losses I'm finding it harder and harder to 'care' about the personnel on the team. That may be why I'm not staying up late to watch the end of the games and it may be part of the reason I haven't been to Fenway this year, but whatever it is all I want this team to do is STFU and play ball. That's all.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully