Register now to remove this ad

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Stanton - U- B-Sox-GM

Legend
    This is need to be continued thread. At this point I'm really liking this team. These come from behind wins show me something. I don't care teams you play against. It's the mentality, that I like. You can have we'll get them tomorrow, or you can keep trying. This isn't Football, it's really hard to come back in the Majors on the Road.
    Not nervous anymore facing either the Indians, or Astros.
    Lets finish the job this year.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Stanton might look healthy, but there's no doubt he's had injury issues.

Games player since 2012:

2012: 123
    2013: 116
    2014: 145
    2015: 74
    2016: 119
    577 in 5 years = 115 per season

Certainly health is a big concern on a contract of his length.

Exactly.

And he isn't likely to get healthier as he gets older.

Not to mention, in order to acquire Stanton, The Sox will very likely have to give up player(s) you would probably prefer to keep. Some sort of Travis, Cjavis, Lin package won't get it done. Think more like Benintendi and / or Devers. The Marlins do need someone back they can count on to sell tickets and be worth watching. ...

If you were going to be thorough about this you would have to analyze Stanton's injury history a bit. I know some of the missed games came from getting hit in the head with a pitch.

Legend

Games player since 2012:

Would the Yankees take the contract? Can you imagine Judge and Stanton in the lineup together, not to mention their other power hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Would the Yankees take the contract? Can you imagine Judge and Stanton in the lineup together, not to mention their other power hitters.
    The Yanks are getting rid of a lot of salary this winter.

The tax number is just $25M, so that may tip the balance to "yes".

Games player since 2012:

I don't think that he has any chronic health conditions. I wouldn't be concerned unless you believe in the notion of "injury prone."

I thought that statheads had proved "injury proneness" to be non-existent along with other non existent myths such as clutch, hot streaks, impact of managerial game moves, importance of line order, lineup protection, the disruptive quality of offensive speed and the importance of any single play within the context of a game.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 09-25-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I don't think that he has any chronic health conditions. I wouldn't be concerned unless you believe in the notion of "injury prone."

I thought that statheads had proved "injury proneness to be non-existent along with other non existent things suchas clutch, hot streaks, impact of managerial game moves, importance of line order, lineup protection, the disruptive quality of offensive speed and the importance of any single play within the context of a game.
    LOL I don't remember anything about statheads and injury prone. I remember all the others though.

I thought that statheads had proved "injury proneness to be non-existent along with other non existent things suchas clutch, hot streaks, impact of managerial game moves, importance of line order, lineup protection, the disruptive quality of offensive speed and the importance of any single play within the context of a game.
    My man!!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend

I thought that statheads had proved "injury proneness" to be non-existent along with other non existent myths such as clutch, hot streaks, impact of managerial game moves, importance of line order, lineup protection, the disruptive quality of offensive speed and the importance of any single play within the context of a game.
    Very amusing post

Deity

left a few things out but still pretty good - unimportance(as in never to be used) of the bunt, hit and run, insignificance of a pitcher's won lost record... lol

I just said and think it is a concern.

I would love to have him on the Sox, as long as we don't trade away a key piece like Beni, JBJ or Betts.

I might give Bogey, but I think we might be able to get him for something less.

I don't want to trade the world and pay a hefty contract.

But, I view Stanton is something like the same light as Sale. These guys don't come along often. We're talking about...

Giancarlo Freakin' Stanton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Stanton will turn 28 when season is over. He's 6'6" and 245 lbs. Looks pretty healthy to me. How does he look to you, Kimmi?
    I thought you were against long term contracts? Stanton looks great right now. My concern is what he's going to look like in the latter half of that contract, not to mention the players we would have to give up in order to get him.

Nope, you're not going to convince me that acquiring him would be a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    This is need to be continued thread. At this point I'm really liking this team. These come from behind wins show me something. I don't care teams you play against. It's the mentality, that I like. You can have we'll get them tomorrow, or you can keep trying. This isn't Football, it's really hard to come back in the Majors on the Road.
    Not nervous anymore facing either the Indians, or Astros.
    Lets finish the job this year.
    I was just reading that we recently won 3 games when our win probability was down to like 3 or 4%. That is very hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I was just reading that we recently won 3 games when our win probability was down to like 3 or 4%. That is very hard to do.
    Showing some "fire and desire"!

I just said and think it is a concern.

I would love to have him on the Sox, as long as we don't trade away a key piece like Beni, JBJ or Betts.

I might give Bogey, but I think we might be able to get him for something less.

I don't want to trade the world and pay a hefty contract.

But, I view Stanton is something like the same light as Sale. These guys don't come along often. We're talking about...

Giancarlo Freakin' Stanton!
    If you want staton then young pitching will have to be in the equation.

That means Rodriguez, groome, matta to start with.

I am not prepared to go there for staton.