Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/26 vs Orioles

8/26 vs Orioles

Kevin Gausman (9-9, 5.25 ERA)

Eduardo Rodriguez (4-3, 4.01 ERA)

Haven't made one of these in a while, lets win this shit.

And fuck the Orioles, especially Buck Showalter. If I was building an all douche team, he's managing it.

Get it done E-Rod.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post

Kevin Gausman (9-9, 5.25 ERA)

Eduardo Rodriguez (4-3, 4.01 ERA)

Haven't made one of these in a while, lets win this shit.

And fuck the Orioles, especially Buck Showalter. If I was building an all douche team, he's managing it.
    That's an absolute no doubter.

I hate losing to the Os. Don't let it happen again team.

WIN!!!

Deity
    Nunez 2b
    Betts RF
    Benintendi CF
    Ramirez DH
    Devers 3b
    Bogaerts SS
    Moreland 1b
    Young LF
    Vazquez C

Interesting. Nunez is back! No Rafai Davis or Holt. Just three lefty bats--Beni, Devers, and Moreland--against righty Gausman. Devers back in the 5 slot and HanRam back at cleanup, which I believe I forbade Farrell to do. Young in LF against a righty, but he also was 2 for 4 against righty Hellickson, who I thought pitched very well despite the ERA over 5.

Yankees still 4.5 back, but the Indians now just 1.5--2016 all over again. Last year home field advantage seemed decisive in the ALDS.

Vazquez could be in there as much for his defense as offense. Leon is starting to look like Salty on throws to 2b--an adventure every time. Nevertheless, his DWAR is 1.0 vs. Vazquez's -0.2, so what do I know?

Three--Devers, Beni, and Bogie--of last night's errant throwers are back today, but not Leon or Porcello.

Wild applause for Moreland pitching the 9th last night and a good move by Farrell.

The O's can hit if you're around the zone, as Porcello found out the harsh way. E-Rod is usually wild in the zone. They do chase pitches if behind the counts.

Deity
    Didn't I read somewhere that momentum is all about your next starter? We lost our last two games when our bonafide ace and last year's Cy Young winner completely bombed. Porcello, FWIW, getting a cool $20M for this very subpar season, Sale a bargain (for now) at $12M.

So my take is that this is one more big game among so many, and we need ERod not to give away a bunch of early runs as he has been prone to do. His splits say in his first 30 pitches for the season he has given up 26 runs in 18 games, and in his next 30 pitches 14 runs. He's given up 8 dingers in those first 30 pitches and 4 in the next 30. In other words, when the game starts, he is not ready.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 08-26-2017 at 02:33 PM.

I didn't see Moreland pitch the 9th last night. I didn't know he did. Watching that now........ dang...... he's hitting 90mph..
    In our yellow submarine

E-rod giving up lots of hard hit balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    E-rod giving up lots of hard hit balls.
    THe best I can say about this idiot is that he can have a bad inning early and then find his groove. So if he can limit the damage in the beginning innings the later may look bright.
    In our yellow submarine

Legend
    I bet E-Rod averages 20 pitches an inning or close to it. That's his biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I bet E-Rod averages 20 pitches an inning or close to it. That's his biggest problem.
    It's why he usually never receive a decision. He throws too many pitches not competitively and is out the game fast.

Legend
    With E-Rod its the night before starter that's important. Otherwise you'll kill the BP.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere that momentum is all about your next starter? We lost our last two games when our bonafide ace and last year's Cy Young winner completely bombed. Porcello, FWIW, getting a cool $20M for this very subpar season, Sale a bargain (for now) at $12M.

So my take is that this is one more big game among so many, and we need ERod not to give away a bunch of early runs as he has been prone to do. His splits say in his first 30 pitches for the season he has given up 26 runs in 18 games, and in his next 30 pitches 14 runs. He's given up 8 dingers in those first 30 pitches and 4 in the next 30. In other words, when the game starts, he is not ready.
    Unfortunately, prophetic. All the hits off his fastballs, of which he is throwing a lot.

Legend
    Were Lucky Yanks lost last night.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    He was averaging 17.8 coming into this game.