Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Astros Acquire Justin Verlander

Astros Acquire Justin Verlander

The Astros pull a last minute blockbuster trade and land Justin Verlander. Wow!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I was beginning to think the Astros were not as much of a contender as Cleveland.

Now, it's close.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I was beginning to think the Astros were not as much of a contender as Cleveland.

Now, it's close.
    Keuchel and Verlander are a very formidable top 2 -- as formidable as any other top 2 in the AL. Their bullpen is stronger than the Indians pen without Miller and comparable to their pen with Miller

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It's not going to be easy.

We may have to go through CLE, Hou and then LAD.

The top 3 odds on faves.

Keuchel and Verlander are a very formidable top 2 -- as formidable as any other top 2 in the AL. Their bullpen is stronger than the Indians pen without Miller and comparable to their pen with Miller
    That team has been coasting for a long time. Now, they get Verlander, who has been an ace over the last few months. Keuchel is healthy, and after a few blips on the radar, had been solid prior to his start two days ago. He's an ace as well and should round into form with another month to go. McCullers is the WC. He has the best stuff of the three and if healthy, could end up being the most dominant pitcher. He is coming off the DL now. If those three are healthy and rolling with their pen and their insane offense, they should be the prohibitive favorites in the AL. I think Cleveland has the goods to give them a run for their money, but with Salazar down, I don't think they have the goods on the mound to shut down that offense. Then again, Carrasco and Salazar were down then Bauer hit a drone and they went to extras in game 7 of the WS. I still think the sox win the East, but aside from Sale and Kimbrel, I am not terribly impressed. I think the sox are in for a rough first series against the Indians. And if we take the WC and win vs the Twins/Angels/Baltimore, we will likely go down quickly to the stros. That team is our kryptonite and Keuchel eats us alive
    Hal sucks

the Harvey factor will put Houston over the top. like the boston marathon bombing in 2013.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    the Harvey factor will put Houston over the top. like the boston marathon bombing in 2013.
    It could be a powerful rallying call for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    This is a good point.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    To be honest, I wouldn't be upset if Houston wins it.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't be upset if Houston wins it.
    If the Sox don't win it all, I hope the Astros do.

I still think the 'Stros have too much inexperience, but man-o-man, they look good on paper!

I was definitely wrong about this. He looks like vintage Verlander again.