Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 end of season Yankee prospect update

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We may have graduated Frazier and Wade, but they should be added back in as they’re both likely to start 18 in AAA
    It doesn't work that way, but your point is well-taken.

Yankees place 6 in the top 100 on BA. I anticipate Medina will end up on the top 100 by mid season.
    I think Medina was really close to make it, Jorge Guzman is at 87 and before the trade he was just a notch above Medina; you're right, before the end of the year Medina will be far higher in the list
    Last edited by Carpin; 01-23-2018 at 05:07 PM.

I think Lasagna will be top 100 by year end as well

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I think Lasagna will be top 100 by year end as well
    If he stays healthy, he will be here for sure

I have been reading some scouting reports on Luis Medina, it looks like he might be in some top prospects list before the end of the season.

Medina is a monster. Tall, throws ched, has insane stuff just is 18 and needs command. He should develop into something huge as long as he stays healthy
    Hal sucks

The Yankee INTL FA haul isn’t getting enough pub IMO. In 2014, we nabbed 10 of the top 30 guys under different rules. The top signing looks like a beast yet two lower priced signings of Florial and Perez might end up being the best ones of the bunch. The rest are still finding their way. The majority of the class is now 19, clearly too early to make judgements. This season, under a hard cap and a different set of rules, the Yankees were able to deal off unneeded assets to add to their bonus and nab 5 of the top 20 prospects available. Salinas and Pereira are 1 and 1a with Cabello being a close third. Their INTL scouting is second to none
    Hal sucks

They will start making noise this year, most fans don't pay attention until they are in the team Top 30.

Cashman needs to determine who will be a valuable piece for the ML team and start dealing the rest to clear a much needed space in the 40 Man roster, if he doesn't, the players we lost this year will be nothing compared to the following two years

I’m anticipating a big bonus for the Cuban kid post July 2
    Hal sucks

I’m anticipating a big bonus for the Cuban kid post July 2
    I'm not, somehow we have not been top players with the Cuban prospects, it might change this year

I think it will since we aren't linked currently with any of the big name July 2 guys coming this year
    Hal sucks

BP has us as the #2 farm in baseball
    Hal sucks

Thairo Estrada was shot in the hip in a robbery attempt in his native Venezuela. The bullet will remain lodged in him forever. There was apparently no bony injury and he is already riding a stationary bike. They expect him (unofficially) to be ready by the time the season starts, although this isn't the typical type of injury the trainers deal with regularly. Tough break, but hopefully we don't push him. Let him heal back to 100%. Have an American doc see if they can remove the bullet with minimal invasion. He's very young and very good and we have a ton of IF depth, so rushing him makes no sense
    Hal sucks

Thairo Estrada was shot in the hip in a robbery attempt in his native Venezuela. The bullet will remain lodged in him forever. There was apparently no bony injury and he is already riding a stationary bike. They expect him (unofficially) to be ready by the time the season starts, although this isn't the typical type of injury the trainers deal with regularly. Tough break, but hopefully we don't push him. Let him heal back to 100%. Have an American doc see if they can remove the bullet with minimal invasion. He's very young and very good and we have a ton of IF depth, so rushing him makes no sense
    It's a shame, he's part of the IF depth for the beginning of the year. Don't know how this will affect the Torres/Andujar original plan and their service time. For me those two guys need to start the season in AAA, Torres needs to get his timing back and Andujar just needs to work a little more on his defense.

A lot of changes in this list

Let's do the 2018 version