If there is anything better in life than hanging out with Sox fans and being up to my ears in Sox talk, I would like to know what it is. :-) I am a 71 year old youngster who didn't start life as a baseball fan by rooting for Boston. (Lower) Fairfield (CT) county tends to support NY teams ( No NOT the Yankees at least for me). As a nine year old, in the days of black & white TV and Saturday or Sunday (or both) double-headers, my first home was Ebetts Field with the likes of Jackie Robinson, Sandy Koufax, Duke Snider, Pee Wee Reese, Roy Companella, Gil Hodges, Don Zimmer {you must know him} etc.. The Evil Empire was evil x 10 in those days; with the Bronx Buttheads seeming to have a permanent grip on the World Series. We thought we had died and gone to heaven when the Dodgers won the World Series in '55.
The Dodgers moved to LaLaLand; and Fenway (with it's angles, crazy a**ed fans who hated NY, and an atmosphere that always smelled and looked like old time baseball) opened it's doors and said "Have we got a deal for you young man." I have never looked back. It (being a Sox fan and having a home like Fenway) feels just as good today as it did many, many years ago. :-)