Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 @ Baltimore

9/18 @ Baltimore

"Why the hell not?" Mojo

RHP Doug Fister (5-8, 4.40) vs RHP Dylan Bundy (13-9, 4.03)

Fister? I barely know her! Orioles suck more than a sorority girl at her hazing. Win. Dance. Repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    I give us the edge in pitching but am nervous about the hitting if Betts can't play. Just one guy, but Nunez also out and Pedey is 0 for his last 12. Nice to know Kimbrel and Reed should both be available tonight.

I think we need to win 2 of 3 to maintain that 3 game lead over the Yankees, and also think the team can do it. Both teams are 7-3 in their last 10 games. Orioles are struggling these days, but they have been a pain all year.

Sucks that Betts might not play today but I still think we have the edge with Fister pitching. Fister's last outing wasn't the greatest but he has definitely been solid since the All Star break.

And on that note the Yankees who are right behind us open a Series against the Twins who have been playing some fantastic baseball. Hopefully they can help us out a bit.

YES! 2 weeks at college and thunder with the blow job jokes.
    that's a WIN.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    that's a WIN.
    He is on a slippery slope.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    that's a WIN.
    I'm pretty proud of myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    And on that note the Yankees who are right behind us open a Series against the Twins who have been playing some fantastic baseball. Hopefully they can help us out a bit.
    This. The Twins actually have something to play for.

The O's basically bent over for the Yankees this past weekend. Showalter did everything he could to lose all 4. He bumped Bundy from his start yesterday (which would have been on normal rest) to today and started Jimenez instead. He intentionally walked Judge yesterday in the 9th, putting the tying run on base and bringing the winning run to the plate in the person of Sanchez. Unfortunately for his plans, Jimenez and Britton didn't cooperate. Wonder how much his playoff share from the Yanks will be.

Of course, he will manage the next 3 like it's game 7 of the World Series.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post

The O's basically bent over for the Yankees this past weekend. Showalter did everything he could to lose all 4. He bumped Bundy from his start yesterday (which would have been on normal rest) to today and started Jimenez instead. He intentionally walked Judge yesterday in the 9th, putting the tying run on base and bringing the winning run to the plate in the person of Sanchez. Unfortunately for his plans, Jimenez and Britton didn't cooperate. Wonder how much his playoff share from the Yanks will be.

It's going to be a crazy series as both teams have something to play for. The Yankees are trying desperately to win the division right now so the Sox can't slow down. Minnesota obviously has to keep winning with the Angels only 2 games behind them. Should be a close series between the two. Best thing the Sox can do is focus on themselves and get another win.

I can't stand Showalter. I can't believe he put the tying run on base to face Sanchez. Even Britton was not pleased with that call.

At any rate, I'm sick of losing to the Os. We can officially eliminate them from the division race with a win tonight.

Get it done boys!

I couldn't believe my eyes when he intentionally walked Judge as the tying run to pitch to an equally dangerous power hitter in Sanchez. The announcers didn't even know what to say. And I am pissed that Bundy got pushed back.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Here is the Red Sox' lineup with Doug Fister on the mound:

1. Xander Bogaerts SS
    2. Dustin Pedroia 2B
    3. Andrew Benintendi LF
    4. Mookie Betts RF
    5. Mitch Moreland 1B
    6. Christian Vazquez DH
    7. Rafael Devers 3B
    8. Sandy Leon C
    9. Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

Good news that Betts is back in the lineup. Interesting that Vasquez is DHing

Deity
    Here is the Red Sox' lineup with Doug Fister on the mound:

1. Xander Bogaerts SS
    2. Dustin Pedroia 2B
    3. Andrew Benintendi LF
    4. Mookie Betts RF
    5. Mitch Moreland 1B
    6. Christian Vazquez DH
    7. Rafael Devers 3B
    8. Sandy Leon C
    9. Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

Good news that Betts is back in the lineup. Interesting that Vasquez is DHing
    Love Pedey at 2b and Betts back in RF. Vazquez at DH also good with Swihart to back up Leon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Love Pedey at 2b and Betts back in RF. Vazquez at DH also good with Swihart to back up Leon.
    Vasquez at DH highlights how useless Young has been. I would have opted to go with Davis at DH.

Deity
    Abysmal top of the 1st.