Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 @ Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't see anyway they start Price in playoffs. He isn't even stretched out. I think they'll do exactly what Farrell suggested and use him in the Andrew Miller 2016 playoff role.
    You're probably right, but he might be stretched out enough for 5 innings in 16 days from now.

Also, we have the day off after game 4, so the pen can all be used, if needed.

Legend
    For that matter the Astros and Sox will be facing each teams Pitchers within a week, if we get them. Strange schedule.

Legend
    Next weekend is going to be something, if Astros go for best record, and the Sox are still going for Division win.
    Might be Play-off Part 1.

Legend
    Win on the road is hard, don't matter who. How many teams have a winning record on the road this year? 7 out of 30.
    Didn't we get swept by Oakland earlier this year on the road?
    Growing up the Old Managers used to say play .600 at home and .500 on the road and you will be in the hunt.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 09-23-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Win on the road is hard, don't matter who. How many teams have a winning record on the road this year? 7 out of 30.
    Didn't we get swept by Oakland earlier this year on the road?
    Growing up the Old Managers used to say play .600 at home and .500 on the road and you will be in the hunt.
    True but i really like our team when Sale pitches like an ace. I think i rather face houston than cleveland right now. Their pitching can be hittable.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I certainly hope we see a better outing from the Sox than we did last year, Last year's playoff team looked lackluster to me. Maybe it was because the Sox were facing better pitching but still.... I hope for more.
    First two starters, Price and Porcello, killed us last year, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No, apparently this isn't "boneheadedness", it's aggressiveness that is encouraged by JF & Co.
    I will give you boneheadedness on this one. This is another boneheaded play that did not cost us the game.

Teams better not take the Sox lightly. On the Road, winning tough games, beating teams they must beat. To me they are the team that's peaking at right time. They still had to stay ahead of the Yanks. It was only 3 games when they started this trip, they will go home, with at least 3 games ahead. This, while the Yanks were at home.
    This is Play-off baseball, every game meant something. Still does, now finish the job.
    If they win tomorrow they finish season with a 45-36 record on the road, that's not easy.
    The Sox are a good team. The Yankees have been playing well and winning, and the Sox have held them off.

That said, I was reading that our last 19 games have been against below .500 teams. That's not to take anything away from the Sox. They have been getting the job done in crunch time. They are a good team and are not to be taken lightly. However, the teams they will be facing are very good teams in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I will give you boneheadedness on this one. This is another boneheaded play that did not cost us the game.
    But, JF is happy they were aggressive, right?

The Sox are a good team. The Yankees have been playing well and winning, and the Sox have held them off.

That said, I was reading that our last 19 games have been against below .500 teams. That's not to take anything away from the Sox. They have been getting the job done in crunch time. They are a good team and are not to be taken lightly. However, the teams they will be facing are very good teams in their own right.
    We were in first place despite nt playing these 19 easy games earlier in the year.

We have a very good team. The Yanks do too, but we are better.

For that matter the Astros and Sox will be facing each teams Pitchers within a week, if we get them. Strange schedule.
    A potential 7 to 9 game series.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We were in first place despite nt playing these 19 easy games earlier in the year.

We have a very good team. The Yanks do too, but we are better.
    Yes, we have a very good team. I've said that all season long. I don't agree that we are better than the Yankees, but we have as good a chance of advancing as they do if we meet head to head.

Blowie!
    other names i have posted under: none

Yes, we have a very good team. I've said that all season long. I don't agree that we are better than the Yankees, but we have as good a chance of advancing as they do if we meet head to head.
    We've been winning a lot, and we have a lot of players who have just returned from injuries or will be returning soon.

Price
    Smith
    Barnes
    Pedey
    HRam
    Nunez

I feel we will be stronger than we've looked this year.

Nunez keeps getting pushed back. I hope that he gets back in the lineup before the regular season ends.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."