Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankees clinch postseason berth

Yankees clinch postseason berth

With our win vs the Jays, the Yankees clinched a post-season berth. If you asked me before the season whether we'd make the playoffs, I would be hard pressed to have said yes. This team is a year removed from dealing off 4 key contributors for prospects and retiring two legends who were well past their prime. Through good coaching and phenomenal general management, the Yankee team that took the field this year was younger, far better and much more exciting. Two rookies from a year ago entered this year not even shoe-ins to make the roster and one will win the ROY and be in the final 3 for MVP and the other will be in the final 3 for CY. Add to that the development of Sanchez into a 30+ HR power monster behind the plate, Didi developing into our best HR hitting SS ever, and Castro returning to the player he was with the Cubs but with more power, and our offense was revitalized. Last season, the Yankees were 22nd in runs scored in all of baseball with 680. This year, they are second in the game with 812 and still have 8 games to go. With them likely hitting 850 runs this year, the 170 run turnaround with a youthful club is beyond impressive. On the hill, our ace went into the tank for 1/4 of the season so bad that his ERA will likely end close to 5.00 and we still managed to have the 5th best ERA in baseball at 3.76. We were 15th last season at 4.16. And this doesn't even come close to showing what we are capable of as our ERA after the ASB dropped 0.59 runs per 9IP after acquiring Kahnle, Garcia, Robertson, and Gray. While we will likely have some work to do in the play in game, this year cannot be considered anything but a success. This team went from shambles to being one of the most dangerous teams to enter this postseason. And this season is just the beginning. With practically all their impact players returning and millions upon millions of dollars freeing up with CC and Arod's contracts expiring, the Yankees are primed to go from Cinderella's prior to 2017 into preseason favorites prior to 2018. Add to that quite possibly the best farm system in baseball and you have a team flush with cash and prospects to improve this team on the fly. After watching a dynasty die a slow death after 2012 and money getting pumped into a dying team, it is refreshing to see a rebuild happen in the span of a single season. Go Yankees
    Hal sucks

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    it is refreshing to see a rebuild happen in the span of a single season.
    Sickening is more like it.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Sickening is more like it.
    Impressive is more like it. I haven't seen a team with so much turnover improve so much.
    Hal sucks

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Impressive is more like it. I haven't seen a team with so much turnover improve so much.
    The only time I'd be impressed by the Yankees is if they finished last with 100 losses.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I thought the Yankees would be competitive all season long, but I thought they would fall a little short of the playoffs. Of course, depending on who you ask, the Yankees haven't made the playoffs yet. It is both impressive and sickening.

Let it be known that I will be pulling for whoever is playing against the Yanks.

Go Sox!

It's a playin berth. If they win the playin they will make the postseason....
    other names i have posted under: none

I'd love to see the Twins bomb the Yanks out of it.

I'd also love to see us face the scumbags, but anytime the Yanks lose, it's a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    It's a playin berth. If they win the playin they will make the postseason....
    Not technically slasher.

Not technically slasher.
    Just my personal view.
    FTR I fully expect a Sox v Yanks ALCS...
    other names i have posted under: none

I absolutely am rooting for it. If the Yankees win the play in game, then I’ll be rooting for the sox to beat the Stros.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I thought the Yankees would be competitive all season long, but I thought they would fall a little short of the playoffs. Of course, depending on who you ask, the Yankees haven't made the playoffs yet. It is both impressive and sickening.

Let it be known that I will be pulling for whoever is playing against the Yanks.

Go Sox!
    I wouldn't take anything less from you Kimmi

Let be ready for an exciting October

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'd love to see the Twins bomb the Yanks out of it.

I'd also love to see us face the scumbags, but anytime the Yanks lose, it's a good day.
    I'd love to face you guys in the ALCS, good old times
    Last edited by Carpin; 09-25-2017 at 06:21 PM. Reason: error

I absolutely am rooting for it. If the Yankees win the play in game, then I’ll be rooting for the sox to beat the Stros.
    I wouldn't go that far,

I always expect them to loose the worst way

Carpin, I don’t think we beast Houston in a 7 game series

Carpin, I don’t think we beast Houston in a 7 game series
    Well, for me any game beyond 162 is a big plus, so I'm cool playing the underdog in any playoff series.

for the record, I'm with you, I don't think we beat Houston (or Cleveland)