Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roswell

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Roswell

So....was it a weather balloon or a UFO?

I read a great book about it, and of course can't remember which one, but it expertly took apart all the evidence and virtually proved that the official story could not be true. I'm not sure I believe it was a UFO though, or that they had aliens at Area 51.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I've watched some TV shows about Roswell and other UFO stories...mostly for amusement. It wouldn't shock me if some of this stuff is real. But you would think if UFO's were real, after all these years we'd have had some sightings that were impossible to refute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I've watched some TV shows about Roswell and other UFO stories...mostly for amusement. It wouldn't shock me if some of this stuff is real. But you would think if UFO's were real, after all these years we'd have had some sightings that were impossible to refute.
    Just saw the Turkish UFO footage from 2009, where you see the aliens looking out the spaceship while it's in the air. Yeah, try harder.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

There's a billion billion billion solar systems in the universe. It's almost an incomprehensible number. Without a doubt there is life on other planets. Have they visited ours? Probably.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    There's a billion billion billion solar systems in the universe. It's almost an incomprehensible number. Without a doubt there is life on other planets. Have they visited ours? Probably.
    This is fairly wacked, but I'll never forget hearing it. I heard an interview from a scientist about why he thought that other life hadn't come visit earth. And he said something like by the time life gets the tehcnology to be able to fly around a solar system or further, they probably would have destroyed themselves by then.

It made me think of humans and our earth. And I really think there is a good chance that we will kill off the human race before we get a chance to really start exploring......... maybe...muclear weapons being a perfect example......
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

On another note. I had a buddy that just visited Roswell. He said it was terrible. Just one strip of cheesy stores in a dump of a town. And not even the good cheesy type.

I love these skits by SNL about aliens.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPdYYsEfAE
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

There's a show on the History Channel called Ancient Aliens that investigates a bunch of theories about aliens visiting the Earth way way back. It can be pretty interesting/amusing.

I actually love watching some of these shows about UFO's and other paranormal stuff. It can be good entertainment.

There's a show on the History Channel called Ancient Aliens that investigates a bunch of theories about aliens visiting the Earth way way back. It can be pretty interesting/amusing.
    16708285_1561723280522070_5618002573656810052_n.jpg
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I actually love watching some of these shows about UFO's and other paranormal stuff. It can be good entertainment.
    I enjoy watching these kinds of shows too.

But then, of course, I freak myself out. LOL

I'm more of the opinion that they haven't visited because it's impossible to cross the vast distances. Physicists can come up with all the theoretical ideas they want - I think just because civilizations might be more advanced, there could also be a limit to how advanced they can be. They could have sent broadcasts, though. How would we know what to listen for? They're aliens...

Another idea I like is that we're in a computer simulation. It would actually explain a lot.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I'm more of the opinion that they haven't visited because it's impossible to cross the vast distances. Physicists can come up with all the theoretical ideas they want - I think just because civilizations might be more advanced, there could also be a limit to how advanced they can be. They could have sent broadcasts, though. How would we know what to listen for? They're aliens...

Another idea I like is that we're in a computer simulation. It would actually explain a lot.
    No, if you start thinking things like that you're pretty much a goner.

In Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut the character of Dwayne Hoover becomes convinced that all the other beings in the world are robots and he's the only one who's real.

No, if you start thinking things like that you're pretty much a goner.

In Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut the character of Dwayne Hoover becomes convinced that all the other beings in the world are robots and he's the only one who's real.
    That's crossed my mind too. I like to be open-minded and consider as many theories as possible. I don't think we'll ever know. I don't think there's anything after death.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    That's crossed my mind too. I like to be open-minded and consider as many theories as possible. I don't think we'll ever know. I don't think there's anything after death.
    If there's no afterlife I think that would leave open the possibility of reincarnation. There's a life force of some sort.

I credit KV with turning me into a voracious reader in high school. I hated reading before reading him and Jerzy Kozinski's the Painted Bird.

There's a place beyond words where experience first occurs to which I always want to return. I suspect that whenever I articulate my thoughts or translate my impulses into words, I am betraying the real thoughts and impulses which remain hidden.” - Kozinski

In Sirens of the Titans - my personal KV favorite after Cat's Craddle- KV exposes free will and the lack thereof which becomes a major theme in Slaughter House Five and Breakfast of Champions.