Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees-Twins Wild Card game

i 100 billion million hope/wish/root for the yankees to lose tonight. i dont give a flying fuck if them winning increases my Red Sox chances to win ALCS by 1.7%.

I will gladly forego that 1.7% for a yankees 1 and done.....
    other names i have posted under: none

So you’d rather your team lose than the Yankees win?

I’d put the sox at 25% chance to beat the Indians. I’d put the Yankees chances to beat the Stros at maybe less than that. If you want to win a World Series, you’re gonna need some help in getting by Cleveland. We’re the only ones who can help you there

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    i would rather the yankees lose and take my chances with whomever remains.
    i dont want the yankees help in "getting by cleveland". i'll take my chances in a best of 7 vs them.
    any Red Sox fan that is rooting for the Yankees tonight because they believe it will help us in the ALCS can eat a bag of dicks.
    other names i have posted under: none

I’d put the sox at 25% chance to beat the Indians. I’d put the Yankees chances to beat the Stros at maybe less than that. If you want to win a World Series, you’re gonna need some help in getting by Cleveland. We’re the only ones who can help you there
    I see some books placing the odds at 58/42 in favor the Astros against the Sox. I don't think the Yankees would be lower that.

Trevor Bauer will start G1 against the Yankees, so even with Sonny Gray potentially starting that game instead of Severino, the edge has to go to the Yankees.

15-0 Yankees. No sense even playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Trevor Bauer will start G1 against the Yankees, so even with Sonny Gray potentially starting that game instead of Severino, the edge has to go to the Yankees.
    Yeah, but games 2 and 3 are well favored toward the Indians. Kluber against Tanaka/CC and then Carrasco against Tanaka/CC
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

This game is both exciting and nauseating to think about. If anything, it's meant as entertainment for everyone but the fans of the two teams playing.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    This game is both exciting and nauseating to think about. If anything, it's meant as entertainment for everyone but the fans of the two teams playing.
    That's a good way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i 100 billion million hope/wish/root for the yankees to lose tonight. i dont give a flying fuck if them winning increases my Red Sox chances to win ALCS by 1.7%.

I will gladly forego that 1.7% for a yankees 1 and done.....
    I'm with you, I hope the Sox lose, even if it diminishes the Yankees chances to advance to the next stage

I will never root for the Sox, I can't envision a world were I root for them.

Having said that, let's hope we have a good and fun postseason

Here’s the thing that I don’t get from sox fans and something I’ve already admitted on my playoff spots. I clearly don’t think “rooting” for a team makes any difference on the game, but it does change perspective.

Would any sox fan want the Yankees to lose, even if it damages their team’s playoff hopes?

If the Twins pull off the upset tonight, then they’re going to get smashed by the Indians. Santana and Berrios are their only two good starters and Santana would be relegated to a single game. Kluber and Carrasco will already have a 2-0 lead on the Twins by the time Santana returns. If the Twins win tonight, you are effectively getting the Indians with their rotation intact. If the Yankees win, then all bets are off. You’re still getting the Indians in terms of likelihood, but there’s a far greater chance of a Yankees upset and a far better chance that Kluber has to throw twice and likely delayed until game 3, which is always good. Also, if the Yankees win tonight and win the series with the Indians, then the sox have a far greater chance to win the AL as any Yankee-Sox series is destined for 7 and when there’s a game 7, anything can happen. I cannot stand the sox. But if the Yankees win tonight, I am rooting for them to beat Houston because I know my team will have a better shot at a World Series with Houston out of the way. I anticipate sox fans who are rational would think the same way about NYY vs CLE, but how many rational sox fans are there, right? Lol
    There is no 'rational' when it comes to the Yankees, especially in the playoffs. I don't care if the Indians would be a tougher opponent than the Yankees. I want the Yankees out. Period.

No, I'd just rather the Yankees lose. Period.

Nah, the chances are better than that. Close to 50-50 in a any one series, due to randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    In a very real way, I enjoy the playoffs a lot more when the Sox are out of it. LOL

No nerves tonight, whatsoever.