Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 2017 MLB Post Season

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    not sure if serious.
    A reference to Ms. Upton I'm quite sure.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I haven't followed baseball very closely this season but what little I know tells me Houston was probably the best team in the majors - definitely AL, at least. They deserve the win.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I haven't followed baseball very closely this season but what little I know tells me Houston was probably the best team in the majors - definitely AL, at least. They deserve the win.
    Houston does deserve it, there's no question about that.

I really Cleveland was the best team going into the playoffs, but crazy shit happens...who would have thought Kluber would pitch so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Willie McGee was famously nicknamed "E.T."

But how does this discussion get this long with no mention of Randy Johnson?
    Well technically, Randy Johnson was mentioned in the 4th post.

Randy Johnson had one of the great lines I've ever heard. For some reason it was on the subject what you would do if someone breaks into your house. He said 'I've got a box of baseballs in the basement, and I'd be coming up throwing.' I can't help picturing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Randy Johnson had one of the great lines I've ever heard. For some reason it was on the subject what you would do if someone breaks into your house. He said 'I've got a box of baseballs in the basement, and I'd be coming up throwing.' I can't help picturing this.
    Unless the robber had a gun he would be terrified. Imagine that ugly pizza face on that 6'10" frame heaving baseballs at you and hitting you.

Yikes.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Unless the robber had a gun he would be terrified. Imagine that ugly pizza face on that 6'10" frame heaving baseballs at you and hitting you.

Yikes.
    Randy Johnson is 54 years old and hasn't played baseball in almost a decade, and I bet he could still decapitate someone with a few baseballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Helpful if his house is being broken into by a bird. But what if it was Jon Kruk?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Helpful if his house is being broken into by a bird. But what if it was Jon Kruk?
    Then Johnson could call the police at his leisure while Kruk is stuck in the window frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Bump

From Peter Abe. I think this shit is interesting. It's particularly cool in that more people get a share on the Sox than with any other org.

Peter Abraham
    4 hrs ·
    The Red Sox didn't advance in the postseason. But they were generous with the money they made.
    MLB announced Tuesday that the Red Sox received $2,746,264.04 from the players' pool of postseason revenue. From that, they awarded full shares of $36,438.21 to 65 people along with 10.01 partial shares and six cash awards.
    Here's how it works, per MLB: The players’ pool is formed from 50 percent of the gate receipts from the Wild Card games; 60 percent of the gate receipts from the first three games of the Division Series; 60 percent of the gate receipts from the first four games of the League Championship Series; and 60 percent of the gate receipts from the first four games of the World Series. That was $84.5 million.
    That money is divided up among the 10 teams that made the playoffs with more going to the winners of each and the most ($30.4 million) going to the Astros. Houston's full shares were $438,901.57 each.
    Teams meet individually to decide who gets what. Typically, the players, coaches and manager get a full share and lesser amounts go to staff members, clubhouse attendants, etc. Players who appeared in only a handful of games would get less than others who were around for all 162.
    In all, the Sox gave money to 81 people. There were 49 players who appeared in at least one game, so 32 others got a piece of the action. The Sox awarded the most full shares of any team, so the players took care of the staff members to the degree that they could.
    Yes, Pablo Sandoval received something. Those are the rules.
    For wealthy players, it's a nice check. But I've known coaches, trainers, etc. over the years who were able to buy a house or send their kids to a better college with playoff shares. It can be life-changing money, especially for World Series teams.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Wow, hadn't heard about this. Sounds like a miraculous recovery.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...dural-hematoma
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Wow, hadn't heard about this. Sounds like a miraculous recovery.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...dural-hematoma
    i also hadn’t heard about this. Scary stuff. People on blood thinners have to be very careful about any head injury.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."