Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees-Indians ALDS

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I am not one to blame managers for costing the team the game, and no, I don't think Girardi lost that game for the Yankees.

However, it really is a head scratcher as to why Girardi didn't challenge that play. There's no excuse for that.
    It went to extras where it was anyone's game, but I think it's fair to say Girardi was a big factor in the loss, even if not directly responsible for it. The non-challenge led directly to one swing making it a one run game.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We only need to upgrade he manager. This team is ready to rock, especially if we get Otani
    Bolstering the starting pitching would help and will probably be something Cashman tries to do.

However, the Yankees are ready to rock as it is from what I have seen.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Cashman: “We Are Getting Under The Threshold Next Year”

By Mark Polishuk | October 6, 2017 at 12:43pm CDT

The Yankees have long sought to reset their luxury tax penalty clock, and with payroll now finally nearing the tax’s cutoff point, GM Brian Cashman tells Joel Sherman of the New York Post are committed to getting under the $197MM threshold this winter.

“We haven’t had [offseason] meetings like this, but the exclamation point is we are getting under the threshold next year,” Cashman said. “[Greg] Bird is our first baseman moving forward because obviously we believe in him and also because of the cost control. The most important factor is if Bird is worthy enough to be our first baseman and our answer is yes.”
    They said this before and later wound up signing CC, Burnett, Teixeira in a 24 hour period.

They’re not lying this year. We are going to have the highest bid for Harper. We cannot be in the 50% tax range when that happens

Not sure why it's necessary for Cashman to tell the world about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Not sure why it's necessary for Cashman to tell the world about it.
    Yeah it could just be subterfuge.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Watching this series, watching the Yankees bullpen blow it, made me think of what a bad deal it was when Cashman traded away A.Miller for a guy who can't hit in Clint Frazier and a future bottom of the rotation starter in J.Sheffield. Bad work by Cashman.

The Yankees need A.Miller NOW; instead, A.Miller is on the team that will eliminate the Yankees from the playoffs. Funny thing is, if Dombrowski made this dumb deal, Red Sox fans would criticize Dombrowski to no end.

Cashman miscalculated. He thought the Yankees were a few years away from contending. Well....he was wrong....Cashman also made the mistake of giving Miller away for practically nothing. IMO, Frazier and Sheffield are like Fool's Gold, highly regarded prospects according to some people, but the Indians knew these guys weren't that good, AND the Indians have been excellent at evaluating talent.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 10-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    It seems that way.

Relax. Your team belongs in the playoffs.
    Strasburg had a good start but lost. Kershaw won but gave up 4 runs (4 Porcello's) in 6 innings, and the other aces all had terrible outings. This post season is about offenses bludgeoning their way to victory.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Strasburg had a good start but lost. Kershaw won but gave up 4 runs (4 Porcello's) in 6 innings, and the other aces all had terrible outings. This post season is about offenses bludgeoning their way to victory.
    I am shocked at how the top line pitching has failed so much, but I guess after this record-setting season of HRs, I shouldn't be.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Girardi deserves all the blame that he's received but it's also the job of the ump to get the call right on the field. He gets it right to begin with and nobody is having this discussion. Oh well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I am shocked at how the top line pitching has failed so much, but I guess after this record-setting season of HRs, I shouldn't be.
    The rule has always been that good pitching can stop good hitting. Not this season. The hitting is just annihilating good pitching.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What is this that I am hearing about Arnoldis Chapman criticizing Girardi?

What is this that I am hearing about Arnoldis Chapman criticizing Girardi?
    Apparently someone on Instagram called Girardi an imbecile and said he should be fired, and Chapman 'liked' the post. Good old social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Apparently someone on Instagram called Girardi an imbecile and said he should be fired, and Chapman 'liked' the post. Good old social media.
    Oh, LOL! And it is a news issue what Chapmen likes on social media. So stupid.

Jesus.