Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees-Indians ALDS

Going BACK, BACK to CLEVELAND, CLEVELAND
    Hal sucks

The Yankees are for real.

Next year the Sox will be living a nightmare if they don't build an offense.

Thank you Boy Blunder for saddling the Sox with so much dead payroll.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Cleveland's doomed. I never felt confident with a team that blows a lead on the road, even if the deciding game is at home. Just ask the Indians last year. Up 3-1 in the World Series, although they lost Games 6 and 7 at home
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I think girardi will be back. As egregiously bad as his game 2 was, he was still one of the better managers in baseball this year.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Cleveland's doomed. I never felt confident with a team that blows a lead on the road, even if the deciding game is at home. Just ask the Indians last year. Up 3-1 in the World Series, although they lost Games 6 and 7 at home
    They have been outplayed since game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    They have been outplayed since game 1.
    Not really. Indians just were a few inches short of heading to the LCS last night. Kluber better pick up his A game. Who is the yanks starter?

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I think girardi will be back. As egregiously bad as his game 2 was, he was still one of the better managers in baseball this year.
    Getting rid of Giradi is taking a step backwards.

The Yankees are back.

Why fuck that up?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Not really. Indians just were a few inches short of heading to the LCS last night. Kluber better pick up his A game. Who is the yanks starter?
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Gray
    I think CC will be starting
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    The Yankees are for real.

Next year the Sox will be living a nightmare if they don't build an offense.

Thank you Boy Blunder for saddling the Sox with so much dead payroll.
    Allowing Cash to rebuild was the best decision this FO could have made last year. We’ve developed a young core that most clubs are envious of. The big thing this playoff series is showing as well is the potential of Greg Bird. This kid gives a great AB every time. He can hit lefties, he can hit for power, he plays good D. He is going to be a fixture in our lineup for years to come. This lineup has become so deep. We have power from 1-9. Only Frazier is leaving at season’s end from our starting 9 and we have a wave of kids behind this lineup should anyone falter. We will get under the cap, but we will still have money to spend as ARod and CC come off the books as well as a few others.

This team could have rolled over when Joe torpedoed game 2. Instead, this young team took the next two games and are poised to face the AL CY front runner in a winner take all game 5. This team has matured far faster than anyone could imagine. They will be a force for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    If they lose on Wednesday, does Girardi get the axe?
    I think he's gone regardless, my guess is that he will decide to stay away for a year or two

His press conf yesterday was very emotional, trying to push the right buttons with the players, he wants to motivate the young guys for a final hurrah, hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Girardi is a FA after the season. He may not want to come back. Either way, if we don't win this series, he has to go.
    I feel the same, he might not want to come back unless the Stainbrenners convince him to stay (it will take a huge contract if he gets this team to the WS)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Getting rid of Giradi is taking a step backwards.

The Yankees are back.

Why fuck that up?
    Agreed, he's been doing a terrific job with the young guys

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Allowing Cash to rebuild was the best decision this FO could have made last year. We’ve developed a young core that most clubs are envious of. The big thing this playoff series is showing as well is the potential of Greg Bird. This kid gives a great AB every time. He can hit lefties, he can hit for power, he plays good D. He is going to be a fixture in our lineup for years to come. This lineup has become so deep. We have power from 1-9. Only Frazier is leaving at season’s end from our starting 9 and we have a wave of kids behind this lineup should anyone falter. We will get under the cap, but we will still have money to spend as ARod and CC come off the books as well as a few others.

This team could have rolled over when Joe torpedoed game 2. Instead, this young team took the next two games and are poised to face the AL CY front runner in a winner take all game 5. This team has matured far faster than anyone could imagine. They will be a force for years to come
    Not very concerned with Frazier leaving, Andujar is ready to take over, also have Headley as the backup plan and not forget about Torres, who will be ready by spring training.

If Andujar delivers, then we have a good problem, 5 guys for 4 IF spots, Bird, Castro, Didi, Andujar & Torres

Me neither. Frazier is superfluous in this system. Andujar and Torres are ready for 3b, but I think both start in the minors with Headley getting the job out of ST. The Yankees like to have their rookies start hot before a callup
    Hal sucks