Register now to remove this ad

Page 109 of 410 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 6142

Thread: 2017/18 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Why is this an issue? They print money at Fenway. Big market teams are always going to spend more money. Its not your money, its not my money.....if it puts a better product on the field, who cares?

You should learn how to properly reply to someone elses post, its confusing. Why do you BOLD all of your posts? Are you yelling?
    1) You claimed the Tigers did not have a "big market payroll." They did and they still do (thanks to DD).
    2) Why are you bringing up the fact that it's not my money? You brought up the money issue.
    3) Our budget is not limitless, otherwise we would not have reset the tax this year, and we'd have traded for Verlander NOT the Astros.
    4) CAPS IS YELLING not bold. My eyesight is poor, and the bold helps me catch spelling mistakes and typos.
    5) Thanks for schooling me on how to reply to a post by modeling a premium post.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    1) You claimed the Tigers did not have a "big market payroll." They did and they still do (thanks to DD).
    2) Why are you bringing up the fact that it's not my money? You brought up the money issue.
    3) Our budget is not limitless, otherwise we would not have reset the tax this year, and we'd have traded for Verlander NOT the Astros.
    4) CAPS IS YELLING not bold. My eyesight is poor, and the bold helps me catch spelling mistakes and typos.
    5) Thanks for schooling me on how to reply to a post by modeling a premium post.

The spending is pretty much limitless. Detroits is not, that is why they are struggling, that is why they always suck. You still didn't reply correctly. Everything is still bold.

They didn't trade for Verlander, because we didn't offer a package good enough. Has nothing to do with money. Who ever said we were targeting Verlander?

The spending is pretty much limitless. Detroits is not, that is why they are struggling, that is why they always suck. You still didn't reply correctly. Everything is still bold.

They didn't trade for Verlander, because we didn't offer a package good enough. Has nothing to do with money. Who ever said we were targeting Verlander?
    No reading comprehension skills exhibited at all.

Adios.

This exchange is classic. Every team has its max. The penalties for going over the thresholds are no longer menial. The penalties for going over the upper threshold are crippling. The sox aren’t going over $239 mil

Why is this an issue? They print money at Fenway. Big market teams are always going to spend more money. Its not your money, its not my money.....if it puts a better product on the field, who cares?
    the Boston Red Sox have a budget. spending the most money doesn't always = better product on the field. so I care. Plus your entire case was based on DD not spending money. he spent $ like a housewife in NJ on payroll in Detroit. zero parades.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that Dombrowski is going to get us a big bat. Not that I think it's necessary, but everyone else does.
    I don't think I share your enthusiasm, as far as expecting this lineup to turn things around next season.
    If the Sox have a chance to sign a player like Martinez, they should go for it.
    I do agree that the Sox could use more pitching help.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    So you are saying that he's a liar. This is by far the most disappointing post coming from you. Because you don't like the way he traded away your precious farm boys, you don't trust the guy that runs baseball operations for your beloved Sox? Desperate Dave from Larry, Lying Dave from Kimmi. Good to know.
    What part of Kimmi's post is untrue?
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    I don't think I share your enthusiasm, as far as expecting this lineup to turn things around next season.
    If the Sox have a chance to sign a player like Martinez, they should go for it.
    I do agree that the Sox could use more pitching help.
    I do think we will see a few significant upticks next season from players currently on the roster.

I still think we need a big bat at clean-up and JD looks like the best choice, even with all the risk associated with such a signing.

No QO.

Hits LHPs & RHPs about equally well.

Playing DH should help him see more PAs than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    So you are saying that he's a liar. This is by far the most disappointing post coming from you. Because you don't like the way he traded away your precious farm boys, you don't trust the guy that runs baseball operations for your beloved Sox? Desperate Dave from Larry, Lying Dave from Kimmi. Good to know.
    I don't think she's calling him a liar, Nick, just saying you can't take some of his statements seriously.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't think she's calling him a liar, Nick, just saying you can't take some of his statements seriously.
    I think that you nailed it. What I would add is that he probably doesn't give a crap about what people in the media know or don't know about what his plans are or maybe even what his team's plans are. I don't consider myself to be entitled to know what is going on the inside. I don't work for them. We are all curious but where does it say anywhere that he has to let every fan and every beat writer know every detail about what is and what isn't going on inside that clubhouse? Some people just have a need to know I guess. It is one of the reasons why I am a Belicek fan. DDs no liar - DDs not desperate. He gets it. He is doing his job and might not feel as though I'm entitled quite enough to be told every plan and every detail about his future plans. For the record, I might be on an island here too but why did I even care about who was going to be having any kind of surgery during the off season? It is fun to know but sometimes it just doesn't affect us.

All-Star
    I also didn't read it that way. I don't expect any GM or executive to speak to the media/public with complete transparency about things that may or may not happen in the future.

With regard to Dave saying Hanley can play 1B next year (which is what started this exchange), I would imagine that is dependent on other moves that may be made and is most likely a negotiating tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    I also didn't read it that way. I don't expect any GM or executive to speak to the media/public with complete transparency about things that may or may not happen in the future.
    I agree. The 'no surgeries that I know of' comment did made him look a little silly when there was a slew of them right after he said it.

Deity

The Sox were never even linked to Verlander, and we could have competed with that mediocre offer from Houston. The bigger deal was the $56mill Verlander was owed in 2018-19....

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    i am hopeful that betts and xander will have better power numbers than they did in 2017.
    as far as resigning moreland - if they dont trade/sign one of the big guns - i almost would rather save the $ they would spend on moreland and try travis.
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    I agree. The 'no surgeries that I know of' comment did made him look a little silly when there was a slew of them right after he said it.
    He might even have known exactly what he was saying. Maybe it was just his way of saying that it really wasn't important enough for us to know. It is possible that his hide is tough enough to actually not care what the public thinks. If the seats are filled, he is going to get paid. I don't think that he is as soft and caring as some people would like him to be. Maybe he should start wearing and old hooded sweatshirt. Kind of like that old school dude working up there in Foxboro. That guy who has trouble understanding how to operate an I-pad but just knows how to win games. Like him or not!