Register now to remove this ad

Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410
Results 6,136 to 6,142 of 6142

Thread: 2017/18 Hot Stove Thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The worse JBJ hits, the harder it'll be to trade him for anything of value. The better he hits, the harder it'll be to see him go.
    I think that the better JBJ hits lessons the chances of him being moved significantly. He hits - Boston keeps him - I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Again, we're not replacing JBJ's bat with beni's, assuming we trade JBJ. We already have Beni's bat FT in the line-up.

The comp is.... (assuming we tradde JBJ for a SP'er or JBJ & Wright or Johnson for a SP'er)

Offense:

More PAs from HRam/Moreland/Nunez or maybe Travis/Swihart vs JBJ's bat

Beni's D in CF vs JBJ

JMart's D in LF vs Beni's

The SP'er we get vs Johnson/Wright.Velazquez

I can see a case where the trade would be worth it. As much as I am a huge JBJ fan, I'm not against trading anyone, if it makes us overall, but with out IF defense already pretty bad off, I'm not sure weakening 2 OF positions is the direction we should go.

If we can assume the offense would be better with Nunez/Moreland/HRam over JBJ and that differential is close to the same value as the loss on defense, then whatever pitcher we might get could certainly tip the balance of value from a JBJ trade to thegood.

I suggested Salazar at one time. If Salazar got hurt (again), what then?

Ha! Lol Salazar IS hurt again. That’s funny

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I think that the better JBJ hits lessons the chances of him being moved significantly. He hits - Boston keeps him - I'd be happy.
    Here's JBJ's monthly OPS numbers since August 2015 call-up:

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Ha! Lol Salazar IS hurt again. That’s funny
    Yes, once again DS is hurt- no surprise!

Good ball player, but an absolute shitty human being. Fuck Kirby Puckett. He didn't die soon enough.

When Tonya finally called the Edina police on Dec. 21, 2001, to report that Kirby had, over the phone, threatened to kill her, she also mentioned earlier abuses. Her husband was, she said through her tears, a violent man. Once, she said, he tried to strangle her with an electrical cord. Once he locked her in the basement. Another time, when he was furious and she locked herself in a room, he used a power saw to cut through the door. Once he even put a gun, cocked, to Tonya's head as she quaked, clasping little Catherine in her arms.
    Holy shit. That man should have been in jail.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Holy shit. That man should have been in jail.
    Early death tho. He died of ... Glaucoma in 2006 ()

Good ball player, but an absolute shitty human being. Fuck Kirby Puckett. He didn't die soon enough.

When Tonya finally called the Edina police on Dec. 21, 2001, to report that Kirby had, over the phone, threatened to kill her, she also mentioned earlier abuses. Her husband was, she said through her tears, a violent man. Once, she said, he tried to strangle her with an electrical cord. Once he locked her in the basement. Another time, when he was furious and she locked herself in a room, he used a power saw to cut through the door. Once he even put a gun, cocked, to Tonya's head as she quaked, clasping little Catherine in her arms.
    I didn't know this about Kirby Puckett.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."