Register now to remove this ad

Page 127 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 5015

Thread: A Realistic View at 2018: Part I

  1. #1891
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    you are old school. you are NOT stupid.
    That is a compliment and I am taking it. When you are as cranky and irascible as I can be, you got to run with them when you can.lol

  2. #1892
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Oh Buddy are you in for an edification!!!!
    !!!
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  3. #1893
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    2018 - a realistic view of porcello.

    2016 Leon handled him beautifully and the sinker has life and movement. The four seamer is high, difficult to hit and gives hitters fits. Important note: a lot of innings pitched in 2016.

    2017 Leon does not want Bruce the same success as the year before, but still handles him better than Vazquez. The sinker loses it’s life and movement, causing porcello to give up a ton of meatballs. The four seamer is unpredictable and hitters lay off it waiting for a meatball. He seemed to really struggle early in the year and get better toward the end of the year. Did all the innings from 2016 leave him with a dead arm from April to August?

    So my question is: what is a realistic view for 2018 for porcello? What should we expect.
    200 Innings 4.50 ERA
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  4. #1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    forget advanced metrics and stats.
    we should still base pitchers value on W-L record only.
    we should still base fielders value on errors only.
    we should still base a hitters value on batting average only.
    MAKE BASEBALL GREAT AGAIN!

    or, you know....we can get on board with the fact that it's 2017.....either way.
    Batting average only? That's effff'd up. You need to include RBIs too.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  5. #1895
    Some news...

    The Cardinals’ signing of right-hander Miles Mikolas to a two-year, $15.5MM.

    Royals sign two ex-Brave prospects:

    The Royals have also agreed to a deal with former Braves prospect Juan Carlos Negret. The Royals have also agreed to sign right-hander Yefri Del Rosario for a $650K signing bonus,


  6. #1896
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Some news...

    The Cardinals’ signing of right-hander Miles Mikolas to a two-year, $15.5MM.

    Royals sign two ex-Brave prospects:

    The Royals have also agreed to a deal with former Braves prospect Juan Carlos Negret. The Royals have also agreed to sign right-hander Yefri Del Rosario for a $650K signing bonus,

    It has been a sow off season so far.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  7. #1897
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It has been a sow off season so far.
    Inasnely slow.

    Sure Ohtani and Stanton are holding up some signings. But this is ridiculous...

  8. #1898
    Cubs sign Tyler Chatwood for $38M/3.

  9. #1899
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Cubs sign Tyler Chatwood for $38M/3.
    Supposedly Stanton will make a decision within the next 3 days.

    Chatwood was one of those players who was really not being held up by Ohtani and Stanton, so it's good to see at least one domino fall. It's also sad that on December 7, he's the biggest name to sign so far.

    Next week could be very intriguing. I think Stanton will accept the trade to SF. The Cardinals will then go get Jose Abreu (offering something based around either Alcantra or Carson Kelly). The Red Sox will make an offer to JD Martinez. Boras will reject that offer because he does not let his own players sign in December. The Red Sox will then go sign Carlos Santana by the end of next week...

  10. #1900
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Supposedly Stanton will make a decision within the next 3 days.

    Chatwood was one of those players who was really not being held up by Ohtani and Stanton, so it's good to see at least one domino fall. It's also sad that on December 7, he's the biggest name to sign so far.

    Next week could be very intriguing. I think Stanton will accept the trade to SF. The Cardinals will then go get Jose Abreu (offering something based around either Alcantra or Carson Kelly). The Red Sox will make an offer to JD Martinez. Boras will reject that offer because he does not let his own players sign in December. The Red Sox will then go sign Carlos Santana by the end of next week...
    Do you see us having any chance at singing JD & Santana?

    MLBTR has us signing both, plus Bryan Shaw.

  11. #1901
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Do you see us having any chance at singing JD & Santana?

    MLBTR has us signing both, plus Bryan Shaw.
    MLBTR had the Sox signing Morrison, not Santana.

    I could see Dombrowski going big after both players. It's certainly possible.

    I'd prefer he didn't and went after Manny Machado next year...

  12. #1902
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    MLBTR had the Sox signing Morrison, not Santana.

    I could see Dombrowski going big after both players. It's certainly possible.

    I'd prefer he didn't and went after Manny Machado next year...
    Thanks for the correction.

    If we are to go after Machado, maybe it makes more sense to go after a 1 year 1Bman and then plan on moving Devers to 1B next year.

    1. Bogey SS
    2. Betts RF
    3. Machado 3B
    4. JD Martinez DH
    5. Devers 1B
    6. Beni LF
    7. Pedey 2B
    8. JBJ CF
    9. Vaz C

  13. #1903
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Thanks for the correction.

    If we are to go after Machado, maybe it makes more sense to go after a 1 year 1Bman and then plan on moving Devers to 1B next year.

    1. Bogey SS
    2. Betts RF
    3. Machado 3B
    4. JD Martinez DH
    5. Devers 1B
    6. Beni LF
    7. Pedey 2B
    8. JBJ CF
    9. Vaz C
    Move Devers for a scrub like Machado? Pffft... Effff that.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  14. #1904
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Thanks for the correction.

    If we are to go after Machado, maybe it makes more sense to go after a 1 year 1Bman and then plan on moving Devers to 1B next year.

    1. Bogey SS
    2. Betts RF
    3. Machado 3B
    4. JD Martinez DH
    5. Devers 1B
    6. Beni LF
    7. Pedey 2B
    8. JBJ CF
    9. Vaz C
    Or sign Yonder Alonso, who is Manny Machado's brother-in-law, as a recruiter for Manny and a 1B/DH for a couple seasons, instead of Santana.

    If the Sox sign a 1B and Martinez, it's very possible (and sad) that Bradley gets dealt, so the 2018 lineup could be:

    C Vazquez
    1B Devers
    2B Pedroia
    3B Machado
    SS Bogaerts
    LF Martinez
    CF Benintendi
    RF Betts
    DH Alonso

  15. #1905
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Move Devers for a scrub like Machado? Pffft... Effff that.
    Sarcasm? I hope so..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •