Register now to remove this ad

Page 306 of 335 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 5015

Thread: A Realistic View at 2018: Part I

Moreland's deal is fine. The reason they can't sign Arrieta is that the owe Hanley and Panda 40M+ this year. If Ben didn't sign those stiffs, they'd be in a much better position this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    And how many people that are complaining about it now were in a huff over it when the contract was signed?
    First of all, I'm not complaining. I said, I liked the JD signing.

I'm just saying, in hindsight- and that's how GMs are all to often judged- these bargain deals look like massive steals by other GMs.

Moreland's deal is fine. The reason they can't sign Arrieta is that the owe Hanley and Panda 40M+ this year. If Ben didn't sign those stiffs, they'd be in a much better position this year.
    Thanks Ben!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I believe the good news in ALL of this is that with very few player exceptions, owners have come to their senses. I'm just now worried about having to give Betts a $300M, 10 year contract.

A case can be made for offering high dollar one year deals. Would Kimbrel reject a 'qualifying' offer as an example? I just don't see a Chapman deal for Kimbrel.
    Well, if he plays like he did last year, he won't get 30/per. It also greatly depends on what the market looks like after next offseason.

I think you could get Mookie for a 10/200 deal. He may rather a shorter deal at higher dollars that gets him another FA contract earlier in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    First of all, I'm not complaining. I said, I liked the JD signing.

I'm just saying, in hindsight- and that's how GMs are all to often judged- these bargain deals look like massive steals by other GMs.
    In hindsight, everyone should apologize to me and admit that Pedroia should have been traded 2 years ago.

In hindsight, everyone should admit that I was the only one right about what Devers could do last year and you should all send pizza and beer to my house as reparations for me to have to listen to you disagreeing with me.

In hindsight, Dodgerblues should have won the Message Board Wars of 2008 so that we wouldn't all be wasting so much time on here and would be living much more productive lives.

In hindsight, Dodgerblues should have won the Message Board Wars of 2008 so that we wouldn't all be wasting so much time on here and would be living much more productive lives.
    My time on here relaxes me and enables me to spend the rest of my time much more productively, so it's a net benefit.

In hindsight, everyone should apologize to me and admit that Pedroia should have been traded 2 years ago.
    Call me a cockeyed optimist, but i still think the little maniac has something left in his tank.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

In hindsight, everyone should admit that I was the only one right about what Devers could do last year and you should all send pizza and beer to my house as reparations for me to have to listen to you disagreeing with me.
    I agreed with you about bringing up Devers. I wanted to bring him up earlier so dd would have a better handle on whether we needed to obtain another 3B at the TD. You should share the wealth of those reparations.

Call me a cockeyed optimist, but i still think the little maniac has something left in his tank.
    The tank will crack open and spill the next time he slides headfirst into 1b.

I agreed with you about bringing up Devers. I wanted to bring him up earlier so dd would have a better handle on whether we needed to obtain another 3B at the TD. You should share the wealth of those reparations.
    You can come to the pizza party.

Legend
    Year from now we will be glad Moustakas is not on this team, with Devers at 3rd. We'll have to get through some growing pains on his Defense, but it will improve. KC signed him probably to deal him during season, and get Prospects. They are rebuilding.|
    GM's around the league thought he was overrated for the money he was asking.

You can come to the pizza party.
    Will the reparations cover the pizza and beer, or should I BMOB?

I don't think I ever criticized you for that opinion, but yes, you were right.

Right or wrong, GMs are usually judged in hindsight. Ben should have known Pablo & HRam were going to suck and so on.... Theo should have known CC was about to implode.

I'm not being critical of DD on signing JD. I was critical of the Moreland signing before he even signed him, so that is not "hindsight" in my case.

Moose was a steal. We missed out on him. He cost the same as Moreland, but for just 1 year.

Even moving Moose to 1B and keeping Devers at 3B would have been better than signing Moreland. Why is it so wrong to point that out? I hear people pointing out Ben's mistakes years afterwards.