Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 169 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire alex cora

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Dude. You thought the post was a joke, then you RE-READ it and incredibly determined it was serious (how any literate person could do this is beyond me, but so far, so good. We all make mistakes. Even you and me.) But then, you berate posters who over a year ago made this joke as being "stupid" and not real fans. That's what you need to apologize for, not for your surprising failure to understand it.

Lol I did exactly the same thing (assumed a joke post was serious) on something said my Maxbialystock a few days back. It happens. He called himself out on it. It’s over...

Just noticed this thread now.

Please delete this stupid shit..... that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Just noticed this thread now.

Please delete this stupid shit..... that is all.
    sorry Tyler. everytime a new manager (or GM) is hired by the Sox i post the "Fire XYZ" thread that same day. that said, i wont be butthurt if youk or bay delete the thread.
    that said....if we keep playing like shit - this thread actually might become valid? it did for JF his second year.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    sorry Tyler. everytime a new manager (or GM) is hired by the Sox i post the "Fire XYZ" thread that same day. that said, i wont be butthurt if youk or bay delete the thread.
    that said....if we keep playing like shit - this thread actually might become valid? it did for JF his second year.....
    My bad lol! I didn’t see when the thread was created. I agree if the season goes the way it does it could get ugly for Cora fast. Being 6.5 games behind the division leader is not pretty and in my opinion Tampa is not going to slow down. They have looked really good....: too good to be pretenders.

Then again..... Seattle has cooled off big time. It’s just too early still to tell what will happen. Everyone outside of Tampa is within a game of each other. This series with the Yankees and Rays will really tell us what this team is made of.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Lol I did exactly the same thing (assumed a joke post was serious) on something said my Maxbialystock a few days back. It happens. He called himself out on it. It’s over...
    Thank you, I appreciate that.

I didnt even even know how to respond to him, I called myself out then get piled on. For once, I was lost for words hahaha.

its ok though, moonslav blocked me. JAD will be my new target.

The Sox are terrible this year because SCM stuck around for once.

More like Sour Chin Music amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    I think there can be no question Cora was a genius last year. Practically everything he tried worked, and it was maybe the best season in Sox history if you skip over 2004 which ended the 86 year curse.

Nevertheless, I have always believed that managers are judged on team wins and losses and whether those comport with what the front office expected or can live with.

While I like most others am mad at the whole team, the rotation is clearly the biggest problem. Those five players and their salaries are easily the biggest investment DD and John Henry have made in a year when the Sox again lead MLB in payroll.

It's quite possible Cora gets the blame for the easy ST for the rotation, which clearly has resulted in a bunch of starters who were/are demonstrably not ready.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

Calling someone out after they’ve already chided themselves is something I can’t support. But nonsensical scapegoating based on coincidence? I’m all for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I think there can be no question Cora was a genius last year. Practically everything he tried worked, and it was maybe the best season in Sox history if you skip over 2004 which ended the 86 year curse.

Nevertheless, I have always believed that managers are judged on team wins and losses and whether those comport with what the front office expected or can live with.

While I like most others am mad at the whole team, the rotation is clearly the biggest problem. Those five players and their salaries are easily the biggest investment DD and John Henry have made in a year when the Sox again lead MLB in payroll.

It's quite possible Cora gets the blame for the easy ST for the rotation, which clearly has resulted in a bunch of starters who were/are demonstrably not ready.
    I have always felt that a manager's biggest impact on the team is with the clubhouse management, and that a manager's in game decisions have little impact over the course of a season in comparison.

I love Cora. Absolutely love him. But with the whole team struggling and playing lifeless, not to mention that their heads do not seem to be in the game, that has to fall on Cora. Fortunately for us, I have faith in Cora to be able to turn this around quickly.

This is the first time that Cora has faced some adversity in his managerial career . I do think he will do what is needed to right the ship.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    This is the first time that Cora has faced some adversity in his managerial career . I do think he will do what is needed to right the ship.
    Agree with you and Kimmi. Cora is young and can learn from this.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

i don’t like you.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Resign?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    OK, I'll play. Any realistic scenario whereby Cora is shown the door this season? Like, 100 losses? I'm not calling for it, I just wonder how safe he is, and that sounds funny coming off a WS championship. I think even 100 losses wouldn't be enough so soon after a WS championship.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    OK, I'll play. Any realistic scenario whereby Cora is shown the door this season? Like, 100 losses? I'm not calling for it, I just wonder how safe he is, and that sounds funny coming off a WS championship. I think even 100 losses wouldn't be enough so soon after a WS championship.
    Sorry, but even talking about it at this point is silly.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.