Register now to remove this ad

Page 118 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2531

Thread: Fire alex cora

As bombastic as the red headed boyfriend can be, he is usually spot on when he makes these "predictions". My bet is he was told what the plan would be barring a miracle Red Sox half season
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    As bombastic as the red headed boyfriend can be, he is usually spot on when he makes these "predictions". My bet is he was told what the plan would be barring a miracle Red Sox half season
    The miracle might be that they play a half season...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    FWIW, Shaughnessy thinks Cora will be the Red Sox manager in 2021.
    Shaughnessy is probably the lead sports writer for John Henry's newspaper, the Globe . I think it is fair to say that he does probably have access to some inside information.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Shaughnessy is probably the lead sports writer for John Henry's newspaper, the Globe . I think it is fair to say that he does probably have access to some inside information.
    He’s certainly the longest tenured. And not as much of an idiot as Masseroti...

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I thought he was the Curly Haired Boyfriend?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...g-two-man-show

This is one of many reasons why I admire Cora and can't wait to get him back.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post

Cora is the man. I would welcome him back with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Cora is the man. I would welcome him back with open arms.
    His words confirm what I've suspected from the start: they're all part of the same hypocrisy. I bet a lot Astros have made peace with AC over texts or Zooms during quarantine, and wouldn't be surprised if some even play for him again when he's back managing.

Houston is one club that will definitely benefit with no fans in the stands, booing and screaming all summer. When they're visitors though, they may still have to read fake signs held by cardboard faces positioned in the box seats.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    His words confirm what I've suspected from the start: they're all part of the same hypocrisy. I bet a lot Astros have made peace with AC over texts or Zooms during quarantine, and wouldn't be surprised if some even play for him again when he's back managing.

Houston is one club that will definitely benefit with no fans in the stands, booing and screaming all summer. When they're visitors though, they may still have to read fake signs held by cardboard faces positioned in the box seats.
    LOL Houston will definitely benefit from not having to deal with the wrath of opposing teams' fans. I wonder if opposing pitchers will still be intent on hitting Astros' hitters.

LOL Houston will definitely benefit from not having to deal with the wrath of opposing teams' fans. I wonder if opposing pitchers will still be intent on hitting Astros' hitters.
    I think that stuff is overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I think that stuff is overstated.
    Probably. But there are the Ryan Dempsters of the pitching world out there.

Probably. But there are the Ryan Dempsters of the pitching world out there.
    Dempster just flew too close to the sun. People seem to prefer the Joe Kelly Fight Club tactic more.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post

That's interesting, because that's one of the reasons I DON'T want him back. I've said before that it's no guarantee either side will want to reunite, and I see hiring back as a horrible PR move for the Red Sox FO, and I personally will lose respect for them if they rehire him. Cheaters shouldn't be rewarded, even if they apologize. At least not yet. I want a longer probationary period. 1 year to me, a season that is washed out, is just a slap on the wrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    That's interesting, because that's one of the reasons I DON'T want him back. I've said before that it's no guarantee either side will want to reunite, and I see hiring back as a horrible PR move for the Red Sox FO, and I personally will lose respect for them if they rehire him. Cheaters shouldn't be rewarded, even if they apologize. At least not yet. I want a longer probationary period. 1 year to me, a season that is washed out, is just a slap on the wrist.
    I wouldn't call what happened to Cora a slap on the wrist. He was banned for a year, fired and humiliated. The washout of the season is just a fluke that has affected a lot of things.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I wouldn't call what happened to Cora a slap on the wrist. He was banned for a year, fired and humiliated. The washout of the season is just a fluke that has affected a lot of things.
    *PUTS THINKING CAP ON*

Corona

CORonA

On Cora.............................

Cora created Corona to minimize the impact of him being banned for the year. WHO IS INVESTIGATING THIS????