Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 345

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

  1. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Still not trading Torres or Florial, those two are my untouchables. I can live without Shefield, Adams even Andujar, but not the first two.
    Untouchables. Such a silly notion. They are all long shots, every last one of them. So much can go wrong to derail them. One of our untouchables from last year is dead and our #1 prospect a few short years ago is living with a surgically damaged brain. There are no sure things. Prospects that are 3+ years away are something that I don't invest my fan hopes in.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the ďCliffĒ is a myth. It canít be defined, and itís future existence cannot be proved.

  2. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Untouchables. Such a silly notion. They are all long shots, every last one of them. So much can go wrong to derail them. One of our untouchables from last year is dead and our #1 prospect a few short years ago is living with a surgically damaged brain. There are no sure things. Prospects that are 3+ years away are something that I don't invest my fan hopes in.
    While I agree with you that prospects which are 3+ years away are a long shot, this is not the case for the prospects I mentioned:
    Andujar & Adams are ML ready
    Torres is less than a season away
    Sheffield is 1 yr or less away
    Florial is the one a little far but he will be ready before the end of 2019

    None is a sure thing but those are the prospect you have to bet your future on, the other option is to keep overpaying for FA already past their prime.

    But if Madison Bumgarner becomes available, all hands on deck, everybody should be available; the same thing DD did to land Sale

  3. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    While I agree with you that prospects which are 3+ years away are a long shot, this is not the case for the prospects I mentioned:
    Andujar & Adams are ML ready
    Torres is less than a season away
    Sheffield is 1 yr or less away
    Florial is the one a little far but he will be ready before the end of 2019

    None is a sure thing but those are the prospect you have to bet your future on, the other option is to keep overpaying for FA already past their prime.

    But if Madison Bumgarner becomes available, all hands on deck, everybody should be available; the same thing DD did to land Sale
    The good GMs know which prospects to keep and the rest should be trading chips to maximize their value.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the ďCliffĒ is a myth. It canít be defined, and itís future existence cannot be proved.

  4. #274
    Reports are out there that a deal if close that would send Cole to the Yankees without them giving up Florial or Torres(D'uh). Hopefully it's just Frazier and someone like Solak for Cole. I guess I could live with that. I used to be a big Cole fan.

  5. #275
    We literally donít have room for all the solid prospects we have. When we got Stanton, we essentially blocked Frazier. While we shouldnít just give him away, it makes sense to move him now. The Pirates can suck it if they want Gleyber for 2 yrs of Cole. But I can get behind Frazier and Acevedo of Frazier and Adams for Cole

  6. #276
    Huntington is a slick GM, reason why he is getting rid of Pitcher so young with a team that has no Pitching. Buyer beware for me.
    Cashman has to wait, drop the price to his liking, if not move on.

  7. #277
    Cash isnít being sold a bill of goods. Cole is a dynamic pitcher who can lead a rotation when healthy. Thing is, the Pirates are going on a rebuild and Cole is under control for 2 seasons. No point in keeping him

  8. #278
    It looks like the Pirates stopped asking for Torres to be included in the deal for Cole, still want Frazier, Adams and probably Andujar

    I hope they don't give up Andujar he could be the 3B of the future for the Yankees, I don't mind giving up one of the big upside pitchers in the lower minors instead of him.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3715282

  9. #279
    As a Sox Fan, I hope you Trade Andujar. saw him play in Double AA. Minor Leaguers who don't strike out much, always a good sign.

  10. #280
    I like Andujar. I donít want him dealt. Iíd be okay with dealing any of the pitchers not named Justus Sheffield. I would like to keep all of them, but thereís no room for all and I get that deals need to be made. Iíd stand by a Frazier, pitcher, and lower level prospect. Thatís better than anyone else will send. If they donít like it, we can use that same package to nab an elite arm at the deadline

  11. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    As a Sox Fan, I hope you Trade Andujar. saw him play in Double AA. Minor Leaguers who don't strike out much, always a good sign.
    I agree, he might not have a high ceiling but he can be a ML regular for years

    But, unfortunately, I have the feeling he will be included in the deal, the Bucs really need IF help and this guy is ML ready

  12. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I like Andujar. I don’t want him dealt. I’d be okay with dealing any of the pitchers not named Justus Sheffield. I would like to keep all of them, but there’s no room for all and I get that deals need to be made. I’d stand by a Frazier, pitcher, and lower level prospect. That’s better than anyone else will send. If they don’t like it, we can use that same package to nab an elite arm at the deadline
    I don't want them to trade Andujar either, but as long as they don't deal Sheffield or Freicer Perez, any other pitcher in the minors is fair game

  13. #283
    Sherman's trade proposal on MLB Network - Frazier/Adams/Wade for Cole

    Seems fair for me, but if you add Sheffield you could get Archer from the rays

  14. #284
    Things are still in a holding pattern. It is funny, the guys more attributed to Yankee news are saying things are cold and the national guys are reporting that a deal is imminent.
    The rebuild is complete.

  15. #285
    Honestly, I switch to Danny Duffy if the Yakees scout like him enough. Forget Cole. I hope we make two more trades, buy low types. One for Profar and another sending maybe buying low on a propsect. Of course also sending Ellsbury off to the Giants too..

    Triple-A team looks pretty stacked though

    Cessa
    Adams
    Acevedo
    Sheffield
    Free agent veteran

    Higgy
    McKinney
    Estrada
    Wade
    3B
    Frazier
    Cave
    Payton

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •