Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

Legend
    Wow! Schwarber for Bentances is a win, win for both teams. This is a Trade that I could see happening. Helps both teams, and DH for Schwarber. In your Park, that would be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Yankees aren’t the old George Yankees where you knew what he was doing before he did it. These Yankees are a lot more stealth. The fact that they haven’t publicly interviewed anyone tells me one of two things. Either they know Joe will be back, or they already know who his replacement will be. I think Joe should be back. After game 2 in Cleveland, I wasn’t tooting the same horn. But his team came to his rescue and that shows that they have his back, which is huge.
    You are indeed the Stealth Bombers.

Legend
    Can you imagine a scenario of Yanks getting Schwarber, and in a year from now getting Harper. Holy_hit.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Wow! Schwarber for Bentances is a win, win for both teams. This is a Trade that I could see happening. Helps both teams, and DH for Schwarber. In your Park, that would be scary.
    Is the way I see it, both will benefit with the change, Cubs need a closer and Schwarber bats is a plus everywhere, Betances has some things to work on his mechanics but has the goods to be a closer he only needs a pitching coach who can help him fix his delivery and stay consistent, Schwarber need to work in his swing, some time in the minors could help him big time, imagine a lineup of Judge, Bird, Sanchez and Schwarber ???? as a yankee fan I can dream about this. We might add Ellsbury and 2/3 of his salary to help them, he's still valuable in the field and was having a good season before his concussion.

I know is wishful thinking but you never now, Theo and Cashman always had a good working relationship, hope it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    A lot of buzz that Girardi won't be back.

The Yanks have an interesting way of doing business - the contracts of both Girardi and Cashman expire October 31 and there's no official word yet on either of them. Cashman will be back obviously. He has been one of the best in the business recently.

What's a little odd is that if in fact the Yanks don't plan on bringing Girardi back they're watching the pool of managerial candidates shrink. Maybe they already have their guy.
    I will be very surprised if Girardi isn't back with the Yankees.

Me too, but then again, nothing surprises me with this Yankees squad.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I will be very surprised if Girardi isn't back with the Yankees.
    What do you think now?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    What do you think now?
    I am very surprised. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I am very surprised. LOL
    That's because you don't live in NY.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I keep hearing about the Yankee getting an analytical manager. Girardi was an analytical manager. He had his binder which had every split known to man and up until we got all those relievers. I’m anticipating that we will get a manager with Yankee minor league experience

Let the hot stove start. QO’s are due within 5 days of the end of the season. I don’t think the Yanks or the sox have any notable FA’s that are eligible for the QO (I think Tanaka has a clause saying he cannot get a QO if he opts out and CC isn’t getting one). Clearly Boston will exercise options on Sale and Kimbrel.

The big free agents are out there and while I expect Boston to be in on a hitter, the question is, which one? Do the sox deal for the younger Stanton or do they shell out for the late bloomer in Martinez. Do the Yankees add anyone to the rotation if Tanaka stays put? If Tanaka opts out, do we try to re-sign him or do we go with Darvish or Arrieta? Do we deal for a pitcher who has yet to materialize on the trade radar? Who do we add to our young lineup? The questions are far more vast in Yankee land. The sox have their team mostly set and with some money and limited prospects, they’re looking at either buying a player or “trading” for a big contract like Stanton’s. For NYY, we can literally do anything. It’s intriguing but also much more difficult to predict. Enjoy everyone.

MLBTR has us losing Tanaka, signing CC for 2 years $24 mil and signing Alex Avila for 2 yrs $18 mil? I get the Avila signing, but there’s no way we let Tanaka walk and don’t replace him. I’d say Tanaka and CC walk and we replace one rotation spot with a top starter

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    MLBTR has us losing Tanaka, signing CC for 2 years $24 mil and signing Alex Avila for 2 yrs $18 mil? I get the Avila signing, but there’s no way we let Tanaka walk and don’t replace him. I’d say Tanaka and CC walk and we replace one rotation spot with a top starter
    Why not re-sign Sabathia?

I’d rather get rid of a guy a year too soon than hold them for a year too long. CC had resurgent stuff this year, hence he had a good year. Can his old, fat body maintain that uptick for another season or two? If he can, then yeah, sign him. But I don’t know if he can do that and stay on the field. This is the same guy who contemplated retirement in July when his knee flared again

Would it really take a two year deal to re-sign CC?

I bet he would be open to a one year deal of $12.-$15. mil.

After all, he was thinking of walking away from the game.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."