Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Favorite stand-up comedians

  1. #1
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    26,597

    Favorite stand-up comedians

    Here's a Top 10 list that is actually sort of a combination of personal favorites and ones whose talent I acknowledge:

    George Carlin
    Rodney Dangerfield
    Richard Pryor
    Jerry Seinfeld
    Lewis Black
    Dennis Miller
    Steven Wright
    Eddie Murphy
    Bob Hope
    Steve Martin

  2. #2
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,911
    George Carlin. He and I share a lot of worldview.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #3
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    65,992
    Robin Williams
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  4. #4
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    26,597
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Robin Williams
    Yes, Robin was great.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,361
    Jonathon Winters

  6. #6
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    26,597
    Anybody ever seen Black on Broadway - Lewis Black? It's one of the best hours of standup I've seen. I have it on DVD and my wife and I have watched it numerous times.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,638
    Dave Chappelle

  8. #8
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    65,992
    For us old timers— David Brenner.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  9. #9
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    65,992
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Jonathon Winters
    He was hysterically funny as a standup, but when he had his own show he would flop.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  10. #10
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,911
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Robin Williams
    I only saw the show from The Met in 1986, but I died.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #11
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,911
    Bill Burr is OK, but his tirade at the crowd in Philadelphia was fucking EPIC.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #12
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,964
    Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  13. #13
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    17,723
    The late Richard Jeni was one of the greatest...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •