Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Pizza in Massachusetts.

I agree that Papa Gino's is pretty decent for a chain.

All those others make various forms of crap.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    99% of my lifetime pizza consumption is chain pizza, because I'm uncultured and a bad New Englander. Anyway:

Papa Gino's is the master race of chain pizza and the main reason I'm a fat fuck.

I don't mind Domino's. Wish I didn't have to request extra sauce just to get an acceptable amount.

I liked Pizza Hut up until 2009 or so. Right around then they changed everything and started using that nasty fake cheese and putting wayyyy too much of it on their "pizza". They also started skimping on sauce, and the dough felt hard and stale every time. I haven't eaten it since 2013 after I ordered one for delivery and ended up chucking it in the garbage after a slice and a half. One of the only times I've been motivated to write a negative yelp review.

Uno's and Bertucci's are both crap. Little Caesar's is toxic waste. Papa John's is bland but not terrible, only had it a couple of times.
    Bertucci's is always disappointing. My dum dum kids love it there. At least the rolls are ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Insignificant update regarding Pizza Hut... I stepped inside one today to use the bathroom, first time I've been in a Pizza Hut in years, and it smelled like shit in there. It didn't even smell like pizza, there was a faint hint of cheese (fake cheese at that) but mostly very stale and bitter, like leaky onions left on a countertop. Smelled like Chuck E Cheese. The industrial soap in the bathroom was actually a relief on my nostrils.

And the decor. Pizza Hut used to have cushioned seats, this place was using the same kind of cheap metal chairs my middle school cafeteria used. The poor girl at the counter actually seemed excited for a real customer before I asked her where the bathroom was. What a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Bertucci's is always disappointing. My dum dum kids love it there. At least the rolls are ok.
    What you need to do with Bertucci's is buy their dough and make your own. Their dough is very good. The rest of the stuff they put on it isn't good
    Hal sucks

I was at Fenway last month to watch UConn play BC in football, and I had one of the best slices of my life across from Game On!, and adjacent to Boston Beer Works and Cask 'n' Flagon. It was called Sal's, I believe. I'm not much of an expert in Mass Pizza, but this one was incredibly unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    99% of my lifetime pizza consumption is chain pizza, because I'm uncultured and a bad New Englander. Anyway:

Papa Gino's is the master race of chain pizza and the main reason I'm a fat fuck.

I don't mind Domino's. Wish I didn't have to request extra sauce just to get an acceptable amount.

I liked Pizza Hut up until 2009 or so. Right around then they changed everything and started using that nasty fake cheese and putting wayyyy too much of it on their "pizza". They also started skimping on sauce, and the dough felt hard and stale every time. I haven't eaten it since 2013 after I ordered one for delivery and ended up chucking it in the garbage after a slice and a half. One of the only times I've been motivated to write a negative yelp review.

Uno's and Bertucci's are both crap. Little Caesar's is toxic waste. Papa John's is bland but not terrible, only had it a couple of times.
    Its sad, I dont know how old you are....but they were great in the early 90s. They were a major competitor back then, especially in delivery.....even topping Dominos at a time.