Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stanton: I KNEW there was a reason I didn't like Jeter!

Who gives a fuck?

Stanton is a Yankee and Jeter is a twat face.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Just FWIW, I'm not worried about Stanton facing us 19 times a year. For starters, and I'm sure this has been debated somewhere during my annual offseason siesta, but Stanton doesn't fit Fenway. He would be the league leader in wall ball singles, just based how hard he hits the ball, and how most of his HR are line drives. I'm not worried about it at all. If we can improve our offense a little, perhaps we can outscore the Yanks from time to time. We can't do much worse H2H than we did last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

He also goes oppo and CF frequently and his line drives to LF might take out cars down below. In Fenway, he would be a monster

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He got crap for GS.

What's worse than crap?

I've been saying for weeks and weeks that Stanton was not going to bring back a huge haul. Just about everyone was expecting much more than what Jeter got. Even the SFG offer was reportedly much better.

I stand by my position.

The odds were much greater he could have gotten more by expanding the list of suitors and not letting Gs run the show.

GS would have begged to be traded once Gordon and Ozuna were traded away. He'd have expanded his list to 16 teams. I have no doubt.

He wanted out of Miami and that was more important than essentially choosing 2 teams only.
    The Marlins probably could have gone about this better, I'll agree with that.

My main point is that this was the time to trade him, not at the 2018 deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Marlins probably could have gone about this better, I'll agree with that.

My main point is that this was the time to trade him, not at the 2018 deadline.
    Why? They had already saved the $30M. They also could have made GS sweat it out until he expanded the teams interested.

Slav, you don’t do that with a guy who holds the power, has never had a higher value, and has a contract you can not afford. Spending the money on his production isn’t worth it, so keeping him to maybe get a better return costs you money. And if he gets hurt, then you’re left paying a contract that is small market crippling

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Why? They had already saved the $30M. They also could have made GS sweat it out until he expanded the teams interested.
    a) Now they've saved $60M.
    b) They would be 'sweating it out' too.

You're arguing for a big risk in return for a small potential benefit, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Who gives a fuck?

Stanton is a Yankee and Jeter is a twat face.
    Now this is an accurate post! The Yanks fucked up giving ol' post-roid Matt Holliday a try (with his highest salary in Cardinal history) But they are still obviously packed with bucks to take this one on. Stanton is a fucking .250 hitter that's an atomic (and sub-atomic) strikeout machine that will be plagued by injury for the rest of his baseball life.

But the Empire could care less. If they get ONE good year out of him it's a win in their twisted mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Now this is an accurate post! The Yanks fucked up giving ol' post-roid Matt Holliday a try (with his highest salary in Cardinal history) But they are still obviously packed with bucks to take this one on. Stanton is a fucking .250 hitter that's an atomic (and sub-atomic) strikeout machine that will be plagued by injury for the rest of his baseball life.

But the Empire could care less. If they get ONE good year out of him it's a win in their twisted mind.
    I think the Yankees will get more than one year out of Stanton.

If not, tough shit.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I think the Yankees will get more than one year out of Stanton.

If not, tough shit.
    They should get many good years from a 28 year old. How good? Who knows. It really is a guessing game with most of these guys. I really don't see him as being the best hitter in baseball. A powerful hitter for sure but also has a little injury track record. I remember the euphoria surrounding the Hanley signing. I was never quite so sure of that signing. His most productive years looked to be behind him and he had had to deal with various injuries as well. Only time will tell what becomes of Stanton. I'm really not big time disappointed that we did not sign him. We still need that bat though!

Jeter can now sell his share to the Marlins because his job is done. In June Spankees announce Jeter is taking a job in their front office. This is why the Yankees are hated!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    Jeter can now sell his share to the Marlins because his job is done. In June Spankees announce Jeter is taking a job in their front office. This is why the Yankees are hated!
    Those are Machiavellian thoughts but fun to ponder. In reality, aren't the Marlins worth less after trading away so many of their best assets. I don't know if that is true, but if so Jeter would be losing money in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Those are Machiavellian thoughts but fun to ponder. In reality, aren't the Marlins worth less after trading away so many of their best assets. I don't know if that is true, but if so Jeter would be losing money in the deal.
    They unloaded assets but they also unloaded a lot of debt. Who knows where they're headed from here. Do they even want to stay in Miami or are they dreaming of Vegas or some other new locale.

Here's an idea. Move Jeter's team to Vegas and call the them Las Vegas Posse. Then have them go on a six game losing streak and see what they're called THEN!!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Here's an idea. Move Jeter's team to Vegas and call the them Las Vegas Posse. Then have them go on a six game losing streak and see what they're called THEN!!
    Call them the Vegas Odds and bring in Bobby Valentine to manage them. Can you imagine being pimped at the entrance to the stadium?