Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: The Depth Argument

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Hating? I don't consider it hate. (Maybe I hold them in contempt for valuing money more than anything else.) Most of us could have made far more money than we have in life. Pro athletes (like many others) seem to confuse how much money they make with their value as human beings--and if they do that, they deserve to suffer the consequences.
    Well said.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't disagree that the "he hates Boston" is overblown. In which case, he wouldn't opt out.

If he is truly unhappy, I think he would opt out.

If I were miserable in my job, I'd take a job for less money if it meant being happy.

Call me crazy.
    I have believed for a long time now that unless he truly dislikes where he is playing, he's not going anywhere. You just can't tell what he might be thinking. If he has been careful just a little with the $ he has already made in the game, it very well might not be such a big deal to go some place else for happiness sake for a few less millions. He certainly has made enough to take care of his families needs forever. Now though - If he has a special season, which he could very well have, I think he will like it here just fine. Looks to me as though excellence is rewarded in Boston as much if not more than most other places. I hope Price and Sale compete in a friendly way all season long. Two gifted pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't disagree that the "he hates Boston" is overblown. In which case, he wouldn't opt out.

If he is truly unhappy, I think he would opt out.

If I were miserable in my job, I'd take a job for less money if it meant being happy.

Call me crazy.
    I don't think he is "truly unhappy" not enough to pass up this huge contract. He only needs to be in Boston half the time for 6 months. As for you being crazy... you do get stressed by fantasy baseball.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I don't think he is "truly unhappy" not enough to pass up this huge contract. He only needs to be in Boston half the time for 6 months. As for you being crazy... you do get stressed by fantasy baseball.
    I agree. JMart ain't goin' nowhere!

He's actually only in the city about 3 months, since they're on the road for half of the 6 months.