Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Trey Ball had a nice day out of the bullpen.

2 IP, 0 Hits, 1 BB, and 3 K's and threw 24 of his 36 pitches for strikes. Perhaps his stuff can play up in the pen and he can recreate himself as a shutdown reliever???

Legend
    My binkie this season is Denyi Reyes, in Greenville. First real full season in the Minors. GCL and Short season is useless to me. Tell you what impresses me about those stats, 176 innings and only 14 BB's.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 04-07-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Greenville and Salem rained out today.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    My binkie this season is Denyi Reyes, in Greenville. First real full season in the Minors. GCL and Short season is useless to me. Tell you what impresses me about those stats, 176 innings and only 14 BB's.
    Pitching talent in the Sox Minor League system?

Clearly you are mixed up. You must have made a mistake.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Legend
    Ball repeating in Portland, and as a Reliever, probably his last chance. To me, when you repeat in the Minors, is like staying back in school.
    He was a good hitter in High School, don't know why they never give him a chance for some at bats. Pitching might not be strong suit, try something else. You never know.
    Turns 24 in June, wow.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 04-08-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Groome starting the year on the dl. Flexor strain.
    So the Sox only two prospects on the BA Top 100 list are injured and juicing?

Hopefully this team won't need to make any deals in July...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So the Sox only two prospects on the BA Top 100 list are injured and juicing?

Hopefully this team won't need to make any deals in July...
    Injured "OR" juicing, right?

Rough day for Pomeranz. He might need more time before coming to Boston,

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Injured "OR" juicing, right?
    Well one is injured and the other was juicing.

Welcome to the top of the list, Sam Travis. ..

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Well one is injured and the other was juicing.

Welcome to the top of the list, Sam Travis. ..
    Mata or Houck, maybe.

There will be no “major” deals for the sox this deadline. With Groome staring TJS in the face (he will get it this year, I predict) and the other prospect propped up by the juice, your farm is dead this season. It’ll take Houck and Scherff some time to establish themselves and who knows what Brannen is. You’re not landing a major piece. Maybe you could deal a guy for a lower level reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    There will be no “major” deals for the sox this deadline. With Groome staring TJS in the face (he will get it this year, I predict) and the other prospect propped up by the juice, your farm is dead this season. It’ll take Houck and Scherff some time to establish themselves and who knows what Brannen is. You’re not landing a major piece. Maybe you could deal a guy for a lower level reliever.
    Depends. Some team may be looking to dump a high salary pitcher, and since we'll only owe 1/3 of the salary, we might get one for cheap.

If Holt and Swihart do well, maybe they can be throw-ins. We could also trade Johnson and Houck for a better SP'er, but that would not be "major."

Schreff got slapped around tonight to the tune of 6 runs.

Houck gave up 2 runs in 4 innings.

Dalbec hit a tater half way to Nova Scotia!

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Ball repeating in Portland, and as a Reliever, probably his last chance. To me, when you repeat in the Minors, is like staying back in school.
    He was a good hitter in High School, don't know why they never give him a chance for some at bats. Pitching might not be strong suit, try something else. You never know.
    Turns 24 in June, wow.
    I believe that ship has sailed a long time ago. He probably still has a higher percentage of making it as a starting pitcher as he does a position player at this point in his development.

If his stuff ticks up in short bursts and he can recreate himself as a reliever that is the best place for him right now.

Mata was all over the place tonight 3bb and 4 guys through 4 innings, but no runs.