Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    A whole lot
    Let me word it this way, How many are there that drafted a HS player in 2016 with their first pick?

2016 HS pitchers playing better than Groome: Ian Anderson (Braves - picked before Groome), Forrest Whitley (Astros - picked after Groome)

The other 3 HS pitchers are struggling like Groome and/or injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Sadly houck is struggling with control thus far this young season and he is a college pitcher from the best conference in college baseball - the sec.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    2016 HS pitchers playing better than Groome: Ian Anderson (Braves - picked before Groome), Forrest Whitley (Astros - picked after Groome)

The other 3 HS pitchers are struggling like Groome and/or injured.
    Thanks for the info.

So, nobody has a HS player picked in 2016 who is excelling at the MLB level right now.

And, since groome is not excelling at the MLb level right now, DD should be criticized.

Hmm....

Josh Lowe is doing well in High A this year
    Blake Rutherford was doing well with us an is killing it this year with Chicago
    Hudson Potts hit 20HR in his first full season last year
    Taylor Trammell has been very good since his drafting
    Joey Wentz has been dominant on the mound

There were a lot of college players who have done well since their drafting as well. Nobody thinks Groome was a bad pick, just that he hasn't stayed healthy and hasn't progressed
    Hal sucks

I wasn't really focusing on Groome; I was looking at all of Dombrowski's draftees and the performance level isn't there yet (Chatman is hitting in Greenville and that is a good sign but he is 23 years old and so we can't get excited about him until he performs well at the Double A level). The sample size is pretty small, and maybe some of these guys will emerge. It hasn't happened so far, though.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 04-21-2018 at 11:03 AM.

I think the criticism comes with the rest of the 16 draft. Chatham was injured and didn't start out well. He is doing fine in the first half of April to this point, but he is 23 in the lowest long season league.
    Shaun Anderson was dealt for Eduardo Nunez. He has actually been dominant in the SF system
    Bobby Dalbec has shown flashes of a good power/OBP combo, but hasn't put it together against like aged foes
    Shawaryn is probably the best sleeper of the draft and has made it all the way to AA
    Nogosek has been very good, but he went to the Mets in the Addison Reed deal
    Ryan Scott isnt progressing
    Alan Marrero has done nothing
    Matt McLean has done nothing
    Espinal has some intrigue but limited upside and production

When you think about it, your headliner has been hurt, two high producing picks were dealt away. Youre left with one producing player in Shawaryn and one guy showing potential in Dalbec and thats about it.
    Hal sucks

Shaun Anderson was dealt for Eduardo Nunez. He has actually been dominant in the SF system
    I missed Anderson. That's one Dombrowski draftee that is performing well. Unfortunately, he was traded away.

I missed Shawaryn. I thought he was in the system before Dombrowski, but I now see that isn't the case.

Not a great night for schreff.

Beeks on the other hand, is looking like a beast.

From Sox Prospects:

Jalen Beeks hasn't allowed an earned run in 13-consecutive innings and picked up his first win of the season with the PawSox in a 6-0 victory over the Stripers on Saturday. The 12th round draft pick in 2014 lowered his ERA to 0.64. Beeks continues to ride a hot hand for the PawSox, notching his first win in three starts this season. Beeks has punched out 26 batters, and has issued just five walks this season, good for an average of 16.71 strikeouts per nine innnings.

Bogey with a tater tonight for Pawtucket.

Crawford was wonderful for greenville tonight!

DbpL44RU8AAm6lL.jpg

Look at how tall Carlos Martinez is standing next to Devers. He's a 19 year old OF prospect in the DSL.

Moncada with his 5th dinger of the season, today. He's up over .850 in OPS.

Kemp with a tater tonight for Salem.

Houck had his best outing of the year tonight.