Register now to remove this ad

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    I believe the 4th and 5th round picks have signed too, so that makes it 8.

I also believe they reportedly have a deal with Northcut, Ronan, Howlett, Ramsey, and a few others are signed too.

Obviously a few guys like Watson and others will not sign, but I think the Sox will sign most of their picks. It looks like they really did their homework this year.
    Yes I'm replying to my own alias. Ronan is not signing, I got that wrong. The kid is going to college.

Dalbec with his 14th tater tonight!

Mata went 5.2 innings and gave up 3 hits, 1 earned run, and struck out 7. but he walked 4 more.

Chad hardy with a tater to open the gcl season!

Ockimey with another tater tonight. Now up to 10.

@redsoxstats

Usually promotions come after minor league all-star breaks, the first one of note is Salem closer Matthew Gorst to Portland. Drafted last year and had a 1.59 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 33 K in 28 IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

The Red Sox announced a variety of signings, including that of second-rounder Nick Decker. A New Jersey high-school outfielder who was slated to attend the University of Maryland, Decker will instead take home a $1.25MM bonus to join the Boston organization, per Alex Speier of the Boston Globe (via Twitter). That payday lands just north of the $1,010,500 allocation for the 64th overall pick. Decker drew a variety of grades entering the draft, with Fangraphs placing him just on the cusp of its top fifty. While the jury is out on Decker’s pure hitting ability, scouts love his present-day physical ability and big power at the plate.

-MLBTR

The Red Sox announced a variety of signings, including that of second-rounder Nick Decker. A New Jersey high-school outfielder who was slated to attend the University of Maryland, Decker will instead take home a $1.25MM bonus to join the Boston organization, per Alex Speier of the Boston Globe (via Twitter). That payday lands just north of the $1,010,500 allocation for the 64th overall pick. Decker drew a variety of grades entering the draft, with Fangraphs placing him just on the cusp of its top fifty. While the jury is out on Decker’s pure hitting ability, scouts love his present-day physical ability and big power at the plate.

-MLBTR
    Decker and our first round pick’s scouting reports read like dalbec’s. ( minus the pitching aspect) Should be interesting to see if they follow a similar development path.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @redsoxstats

Usually promotions come after minor league all-star breaks, the first one of note is Salem closer Matthew Gorst to Portland. Drafted last year and had a 1.59 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 33 K in 28 IP.
    This is a well earned promotion. He has been lights out this year.

Fangraphs had this...

Alexander Montero, RHP, Boston Red Sox (Profile)
    Level: Short-Season Age: 20 Org Rank: NR FV: 35+
    Line: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 BB, 7 K, 1 R

Montero’s presence and early success is a welcome sight for one of the worst systems in baseball. He’s a relatively projectable 20-year-old with a three-pitch mix led by a fastball that’s up to 95 mph and a diving split changeup. Montero signed late for an amateur IFA last summer, inking a deal just weeks before he turned 20. He pitched in the DSL last year and was skipped directly to the New York-Penn League this summer after finishing extended.

Houck has been throwing the ball better the last two weeks. Maybe the results have not shown it entirely, but his delivery looks better and he is repeating it.

I am sure there are more bumps along the way still to come, but if he keeps improving, we may have the next Kimbrel in the system now.

All-Star
    Fangraphs had this...

Alexander Montero, RHP, Boston Red Sox (Profile)
    Level: Short-Season Age: 20 Org Rank: NR FV: 35+
    Line: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 BB, 7 K, 1 R

Montero’s presence and early success is a welcome sight for one of the worst systems in baseball. He’s a relatively projectable 20-year-old with a three-pitch mix led by a fastball that’s up to 95 mph and a diving split changeup. Montero signed late for an amateur IFA last summer, inking a deal just weeks before he turned 20. He pitched in the DSL last year and was skipped directly to the New York-Penn League this summer after finishing extended.
    Intriguing. It would be nice to have another arm in the system worth following.

Ockimey with another tater tonight. His 11th of the year.

Betts (the minor leaguer) with a tater tonight.

Beeks is already at 100 k's for the year.

Austin Glorious is starting rehab. He was originally thought to be out for the whole season.