Register now to remove this ad

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Dalbec is really strutting his stuff.

Chavis is working on building his trade stock.

The Yanks should want him.

Legend
    Houck struggled against the worst hitting team in the Carolina League, don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Dalbec is really strutting his stuff.

Chavis is working on building his trade stock.

The Yanks should want him.
    Sox could really use him as a bench bat. He needs to work on his fielding a multiple positions this offseason. If he could be a 1b/2b/3b/lf guy, it'd be really valuable.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Dalbec has a 1.349 OPS in AA. I'm into it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Dalbec has a 1.349 OPS in AA. I'm into it.
    Dalbec also looking like he could stick at third base as a decent defender.

If dalbec develops, I see a close personal relationship with first base In devers future.

Chavis OPS since August 1: 1.607

Travis with his 7th tater on the season today.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Dalbec also looking like he could stick at third base as a decent defender.

If dalbec develops, I see a close personal relationship with first base In devers future.
    Could work out when Moreland's deal expires after '19. (Maybe Chavis is 1B/3B depth.)

A bigger question might be who plays 2B & SS in 2020?

Could work out when Moreland's deal expires after '19. (Maybe Chavis is 1B/3B depth.)

A bigger question might be who plays 2B & SS in 2020?

Plenty of time to figure that out.

Of course pedroia is signed through 2021 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Plenty of time to figure that out.

Of course pedroia is signed through 2021 I think.
    Yes, Pedey has 3 years left, but may retire anytime, if he doesn't get healthy.

Re-signing Bogey may be an issue, especially if we try to keep Betts, Sale and/or JD.

Yes, there's time to figure it out, but it sure would help, if we could spend so little on 1B and 3B.

Dalbec has been incredible. The Red Sox might have something special on their hands. Some prospects do this--they just break out. The other nice thing about Dalbec is his improved defense--he should remain at 3b. When he came into the system, there was some question concerning his defense and if he would need to move to 1b.

Dalbec could be the future starter at 3b for the Red Sox with Devers moving to 1b. Of course, the Red Sox have Ockimey too. The farm system is starting to turn itself around--nice! I'm hoping for big developmental steps from Groome and Casas over the next few minor league seasons.

Legend
    All TJS I expect 1 year of surgery, and 1 year of strengthening. I don't expect much of Groome next year. That's why the Padres waited too long on Espinoza, to have surgery. Had it last August.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 08-11-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Dalbec has been incredible. The Red Sox might have something special on their hands. Some prospects do this--they just break out. The other nice thing about Dalbec is his improved defense--he should remain at 3b. When he came into the system, there was some question concerning his defense and if he would need to move to 1b.

Dalbec could be the future starter at 3b for the Red Sox with Devers moving to 1b. Of course, the Red Sox have Ockimey too. The farm system is starting to turn itself around--nice! I'm hoping for big developmental steps from Groome and Casas over the next few minor league seasons.
    Dalbec actually started out strong and was ranked pretty highly by soxprospects.com before he got hurt (5th at the start of 2017).

He had an 1.104 OPS with Lowell in 2016. Granted, that is low level and just 132 ABs, but still. The guy can hit.

He had 21 Hrs in 420 ABs (with an OPS over .900) over his last 2 seasons at AZ.

Even with all that, once can certainly view this season as a break-out year. He's got 29 HRs in just 368 ABs and is doing better at AA than he did at A+ (small sample size).

This could be a huge boost to our farm's input into bettering the big club in years to come.

Campana quietly up to 16 taters on the season counting the one he hit today,

Dalbec will be dealt this off-season, bet on it. He's a boom or bust offensive player who likely ends up being a poor man's defensive 3b or a 1b. His stock will never be higher. My bet is he ends up going somewhere for relief pitching
    Hal sucks