Register now to remove this ad

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Legend
    Anyone hear any more about Marco Hernandez. He was slow in recovering from shoulder issues but he has looked like a real prospect at 2nd base in the past. I can't find anything about his progress.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Anyone hear any more about Marco Hernandez. He was slow in recovering from shoulder issues but he has looked like a real prospect at 2nd base in the past. I can't find anything about his progress.
    (Shoulder): Hernandez has been designated for the 60-day disabled list after he had a second procedure on his surgically-repaired left shoulder. He is likely be held out of action until the end of June. (Updated June 11, 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    (Shoulder): Hernandez has been designated for the 60-day disabled list after he had a second procedure on his surgically-repaired left shoulder. He is likely be held out of action until the end of June. (Updated June 11, 2018)
    Man, this guy has been having a rough time. Hopefully he gets back to full health.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Man, this guy has been having a rough time. Hopefully he gets back to full health.
    Yeah, I'm not sure he can help this year.

I think Greenville has put schreff on the dl.

Shawaryn had a very game game tonight. He went 6 innings, gave up 5 hits, struck out 7, no earned runs or walks.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Shawaryn had a very game game tonight. He went 6 innings, gave up 5 hits, struck out 7, no earned runs or walks.
    He's having another nice season. Pawtucket pretty soon, hopefully.

We have signed 6 of the first 10 picks

http://soxprospects.com/dh.htm

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    We have signed 6 of the first 10 picks

http://soxprospects.com/dh.htm
    I believe the 4th and 5th round picks have signed too, so that makes it 8.

I also believe they reportedly have a deal with Northcut, Ronan, Howlett, Ramsey, and a few others are signed too.

Obviously a few guys like Watson and others will not sign, but I think the Sox will sign most of their picks. It looks like they really did their homework this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    I believe the 4th and 5th round picks have signed too, so that makes it 8.

I also believe they reportedly have a deal with Northcut, Ronan, Howlett, Ramsey, and a few others are signed too.

Obviously a few guys like Watson and others will not sign, but I think the Sox will sign most of their picks. It looks like they really did their homework this year.
    I think they do their homework every year. They don't often fail to sign someone who they expected to sign. The problem is that the MLB is the biggest crap shoot of all the drafts. I like their plan of adding some power bats (something the org really lacked) and some high end relievers that could rocket through the system.

Legend
    Beeks won yesterday, but Lehigh Valley not good hitting team, 2nd to last in International League, as a team, hitting .237. Pitching is their strength.
    Great Game by Houck, 6 innings, 0 hits. Hope he turned the corner, but those Damn walks, 4 BB's, yesterday.
    Next weekend Beeks will be facing best hitting team in International League. Indy. Better gage game for me.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-15-2018 at 10:44 AM.

It shouldn't be. Beeks has the kind of stuff that befuddles and dominates minor leaguers. I think Beeks ends up as a big leaguer, probably back end starter long term. I just don't think his minor league dominance will translate to the majors. My anticipation is he will be a 5-6IP per game starter with an ERA in the mid 4's long term. Someone clearly serviceable but not dominant. I also don't think it will come in Boston. I think Beeks is going to be dealt away for a bat at the deadline. The bottom of the order is atrocious and if it isn't improved, the sox may not advance very far, even if they win 108 games

Houck, OTOH, will be in Boston next year, but as a reliever. I think they'll let his high 90s sinking heat play in shorter outings and his command will improve. His slider will also improve when he ditches the change. His cross body delivery will only make it harder on right handed hitters when he perfects it from the stretch. I know he had good command in college, but this is the pros and he clearly doesn't have the command to pitch to hitters who he doesn't blow away multiple times a game.
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 06-15-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It shouldn't be. Beeks has the kind of stuff that befuddles and dominates minor leaguers. I think Beeks ends up as a big leaguer, probably back end starter long term. I just don't think his minor league dominance will translate to the majors. My anticipation is he will be a 5-6IP per game starter with an ERA in the mid 4's long term. Someone clearly serviceable but not dominant. I also don't think it will come in Boston. I think Beeks is going to be dealt away for a bat at the deadline. The bottom of the order is atrocious and if it isn't improved, the sox may not advance very far, even if they win 108 games

Houck, OTOH, will be in Boston next year, but as a reliever. I think they'll let his high 90s sinking heat play in shorter outings and his command will improve. His slider will also improve when he ditches the change. His cross body delivery will only make it harder on right handed hitters when he perfects it from the stretch. I know he had good command in college, but this is the pros and he clearly doesn't have the command to pitch to hitters who he doesn't blow away multiple times a game.
    I don't think anyone expects that.

Filia returned to the Mariners. He failed his physical. They got cash for Elias
    Hal sucks

Ockimey and Castillo with taters tonight.

Ockimey gunning for a promotion?