Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Yankees Season thread

He did it again!

Andujar just hit another HR, he's on fire

It will be a tough decision for Cashman/Boone.

From the business perspective they should send him down at least for the 16 days required to get an extra year of control

From the BB perspective he's ready to take over 3B

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    It will be a tough decision for Cashman/Boone.

From the business perspective they should send him down at least for the 16 days required to get an extra year of control

From the BB perspective he's ready to take over 3B
    Easy choice. It's not like you have a clown at 3B that needs replacing.

I think it is an easy choice as well. The easy choice from a GM perspective is to roll with Drury and Wade out of the gate. Have both be supplanted by May 1 by Andujar and Torres and move Drury to the supersub role, while sending Wade back down. That is unless Wade or Drury dominate or Torres and Andujar tank in the minors
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I think it is an easy choice as well. The easy choice from a GM perspective is to roll with Drury and Wade out of the gate. Have both be supplanted by May 1 by Andujar and Torres and move Drury to the supersub role, while sending Wade back down. That is unless Wade or Drury dominate or Torres and Andujar tank in the minors
    I see Drury putting some good numbers as well

This is the genius behind getting Drury. The kid can play. He’s a natural 3b who played a flat UZR/150 season last yr as a regular second baseman. He can cover either position of need. If one player pushes the envelope, he switches to the other

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This is the genius behind getting Drury. The kid can play. He’s a natural 3b who played a flat UZR/150 season last yr as a regular second baseman. He can cover either position of need. If one player pushes the envelope, he switches to the other
    The way I see it so far, Drury will give Torres more time in the minors, Andujar looks like a more finished product right now, let's wait a couple weeks just to be sure

Genius?

I sound move, maybe. But genius?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

It might turn out to be genius. We have two hot shot kids at two positions in the infield on a team expected to contend for a WS title. Why not bring in a young veteran who can hit for power and handle the defense at both positions?
    Hal sucks

It was a good move by Cashman, how good? time will tell

If this works as expected, Torres will own 2B and Andujar 3B with Drury as a super-utility type, the bad thing is that we might have to say goodbye to Torreyes. If this workout I don't see a place for Wade either

Both Torreyes and Wade have minor league options remaining. So no big deal if one or both don't make the 25-man roster come April. Like Jacko said, Drury gives us an MLB ready option (who has plenty of upside) in case the kids aren't ready yet.

Yanks signed Adam Lind to a minor league contract. Not a glitzy move but a good move nonetheless. With Bird's injury history I think he is good depth at first. And should Bird get injured again (please no) they can platoon Lind/Austin against righties/lefties.

Lind last season for WAS:.303/.362/.513 (OPS+ 123) over 301 PAs.

Andujar line for today 3-1 2B 2RBI

1. Gardner LF
    2. Judge RF
    3. Stanton DH
    4. Bird 1B
    5. Sanchez C
    6. Gregorius SS
    7. Hicks CF
    8. Walker 2B
    9. Drury 3B

That’s a hell of a lineup. Chance for 20HR from every spot