Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chief Wahoo to Go Away in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    This is great news. I've never thought the visual aspect was racist (I suppose the name is) but just that it looks fucking stupid. I could never wear it if I were an Indians fan.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Excellent.
    Now if we can just get the cracker owner in DC to get rid of redskins.....
    I’m assuming it’s OK to call him a cracker since he is basically printing the n word for indigenous people in the end zone every home Sunday.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Excellent.
    Now if we can just get the cracker owner in DC to get rid of redskins.....
    I’m assuming it’s OK to call him a cracker since he is basically printing the n word for indigenous people in the end zone every home Sunday.....

The dumbest part is, changing it would not only help the image of his team, it would give the opportunity to sell all new merchandise. “Throw away those Redskin jerseys!! Come get a new one to support our team - the Washington Drunken Irish Bastards!”

And the sad part is, that new name is actually less offensive than Redskins...

I demand the Celtics change their name as I am Irish and I find their depiction of Irish people to be offensive. Anyone who disagrees with me and/or is not offended on my behalf is a racist cracker nazi with swastika-shaped eyes who deserves to be doxxed, threatened, and swatted in the name of social justice.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    I demand the Celtics change their name as I am Irish and I find their depiction of Irish people to be offensive. Anyone who disagrees with me and/or is not offended on my behalf is a racist cracker nazi with swastika-shaped eyes who deserves to be doxxed, threatened, and swatted in the name of social justice.

As a fellow Irishman, I would think the moniker for Norte Dame to be more offensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    is "celtics" a derogatory term for the peoples of Ireland?

Some fans are still doing the Tomahawk Chop. Pretty hard to imagine anything much more offensive than that.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I don't know if anyone finds it derogatory, but I think Ellsbury probably has a point. Someone might find it offensive.

To be perfectly fair and correct shouldn't we get rid of any team names that refer to a particular group of people in any way?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't know if anyone finds it derogatory, but I think Ellsbury probably has a point. Someone might find it offensive.

To be perfectly fair and correct shouldn't we get rid of any team names that refer to a particular group of people in any way?

Any group of people?

That’s probably about one third of all pro sports teams. In Boston alone, you would lose the Celtics and Patriots.

I’m actually in favor of the colleges that use indigenous Native American monikers. If not for NCAA football, I would have no idea where most Native American tribes were from. Very educational.

But “Redskins” is just an embarrassment...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Any group of people?

That’s probably about one third of all pro sports teams. In Boston alone, you would lose the Celtics and Patriots.

I’m actually in favor of the colleges that use indigenous Native American monikers. If not for NCAA football, I would have no idea where most Native American tribes were from. Very educational.

But “Redskins” is just an embarrassment...
    Patriots is offensive how?

It's not derogatory. If someone made a case to get rid of Lucky, I'd be fine with it.

If someone doesn't know the difference between Redskins and Celtics, they are either dumb as a post or just making a facetious argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    i think he was just referring to HFX saying to omit all team names that refer to a group of people.

It's not derogatory. If someone made a case to get rid of Lucky, I'd be fine with it.

If someone doesn't know the difference between Redskins and Celtics, they are either dumb as a post or just making a facetious argument.
    roger that.
    when the yankees moved from Baltimore to the Bronx i think they should have went with NY Guini, Guido, or Wap. they could have used meatballz as a logo.

Deity

It’s not. It was in response to “any group of people.”...