Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League -- Mike Grace Memorial League

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    My team is hanging on by a thread. I had a few terrible weeks when I was in a pretty good position. That almost completely knocked me out of contention.
    It’s been very competitive this year, to the point that several teams still have a chance and the positions are not definitive. MVP and Gringo have been very dominant. Gonna be very tough to beat them.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    It’s been very competitive this year, to the point that several teams still have a chance and the positions are not definitive. MVP and Gringo have been very dominant. Gonna be very tough to beat them.
    I have to beat Gringo this week to get in. Tough draw. Very tough.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Despite having my worst team that I've ever had, I've managed to put myself in position. My offense has been terribly inconsistent, and my pitching is subpar. Haven't had a closer for most of the season. They kept getting traded away.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Despite having my worst team that I've ever had, I've managed to put myself in position. My offense has been terribly inconsistent, and my pitching is subpar. Haven't had a closer for most of the season. They kept getting traded away.
    I need you to manage your team at the best of your abilities to win this week, or at very least, start your active players Thunder LOL!
    Last edited by iortiz; 09-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Don't worry everyone. I'm sure my team will just bomb in the playoffs the same way it always does.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I think you MVP, User?, and Gringo are the fav and is not even close this year.

I need you to manage your team at the best of your abilities to win this week, or at very least, start your active players Thunder LOL!
    Um, it's not that I'm not starting my active players, it's that I don't have very many left.

Um, it's not that I'm not starting my active players, it's that I don't have very many left.
    I see my friend, don't worry, School first. Good luck in playoffs.

The regular season ends today. I still have not received dues from 2 teams.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Glad to say that for once, I'm not one of them

Perma ban
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Playoffs start this week. There was a big battle for the final playoff spot that wasn't decided until yesterday. iortiz, Braves and my team were all vying for that spot. I needed to win my game to secure the last spot, but I had an uphill battle against Gringo. I managed a tie for last weeks game, so my buddy, iortiz and I finished in a dead tie. We had split our season series 1-1, but in the game I won the score was 6-4 and in the game won by iortiz, he ran the table 10-0. The tie-breaker went to iortiz. Good luck to my buddy and the other playoff teams.

Moises Mooses finished first and last year's champ, Gringo finished second. Both will get first round BYES.

The first round of the playoffs will pit Thunder against All Betts Are Off and iortiz against Mookie Betts.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Playoffs start this week. There was a big battle for the final playoff spot that wasn't decided until yesterday. iortiz, Braves and my team were all vying for that spot. I needed to win my game to secure the last spot, but I had an uphill battle against Gringo. I managed a tie for last weeks game, so my buddy, iortiz and I finished in a dead tie. We had split our season series 1-1, but in the game I won the score was 6-4 and in the game won by iortiz, he ran the table 10-0. The tie-breaker went to iortiz. Good luck to my buddy and the other playoff teams.

Moises Mooses finished first and last year's champ, Gringo finished second. Both will get first round BYES.

The first round of the playoffs will pit Thunder against All Betts Are Off and iortiz against Mookie Betts.

Good luck in the playoffs!
    Thank you compadre. Last week was cardiac since Thunder and NP didn’t manage their teams —but Thunder still won his match up— and you were very close to win vs Gringo. All season long I was in the bottom of the standings but somehow I was very lucky to clinch the POs.

Good luck to all teams.

Thank you compadre. Last week was cardiac since Thunder and NP didn’t manage their teams —but Thunder still won his match up— and you were very close to win vs Gringo. All season long I was in the bottom of the standings but somehow I was very lucky to clinch the POs.

Good luck to all teams.
    I managed my team. I had to leave some injured guys in the lineup because I have no other options.

I managed my team. I had to leave some injured guys in the lineup because I have no other options.
    Uh I thought you didn’t have time. My bad. Your team is pretty good Thunder even with all your injury issues, you won. Your team is the reason I’m in POs, thanks man.