Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League -- Mike Grace Memorial League

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Uh I thought you didn’t have time. My bad. Your team is pretty good Thunder even with all your injury issues, you won. Your team is the reason I’m in POs, thanks man.
    Haven't had a closer all year until last week when Doolittle came back. Well, I had Colome and Kela until they got traded. 3B and 2B have been injury riddled. Pitching staff has been healthy but is not all that great. Somehow I manage. I've come in no worse than 3rd every year I've played, and this is year #4 for me (I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I also just noticed I had two empty spots on my roster. Maybe I should address that.

We had two very close contests in the first round of the playoffs. All Bett are Off eliminated Thunderstruck 6-4 to advance to play Moises Moises (MVP). Iortiz and Mookie Betts (U.N.) played to a 5-5 tie. Iortiz took all 5 hitting categories while U.N. took all 5 pitching categories. The tiebreaker went to U.N. who prevailed in the regular season series 2-0. U.N advances to play the defending Champ, Gringo.

btw, I still have not collected dues from U.N. Please make arrangements to pay.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Heartbreaking L LOL!

I was winning all week and U? made some bold moves for Sunday. I was one inning away to win. Still can't believe why Barria didn't pitch in the 6th, with only 82 pitches through 5 IP. As long as I know, he was healthy. Also, deGrom was one hit away to lose his QS. Clearly stars aligned for U? to win LOL!

Anyways, congrats to U? and good luck to all the teams who are still alive.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Going into the last day of the season, The TalkSox Fanatsy league championship hangs in the balance. Moises Moose’s (MVP) has a slim 5-4 lead over Gringo entering the final day. Several of the categories are very close and one is tied. Good luck to both teams.

U.N., please pay your dues so that I can pay the prize money.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Gringo put up a great fight. I thought for sure my team would just be the annual Fantasy Baseball Buffalo Bills considering how the last few years have gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Gringo put up a great fight. I thought for sure my team would just be the annual Fantasy Baseball Buffalo Bills considering how the last few years have gone.
    Well I guess they were the Fantasy Bills. Playoffs out of nowhere one year then going back to sucking. Don't know if I can say the same about you yet

2016: 1st place bye, smoked in 2nd round by iortiz
    2017: snuck into playoffs after terrible first half, smoked in the finals by gringo
    2018: 1st place bye, win the finals

I told UN to send in his money. He said he just has to "figure out" how to get it to you, A700.

Congrats MVP. Your team was the best all year long. This year was very fun and competitive.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

2016: 1st place bye, smoked in 2nd round by iortiz
    2017: snuck into playoffs after terrible first half, smoked in the finals by gringo
    2018: 1st place bye, win the finals

I told UN to send in his money. He said he just has to "figure out" how to get it to you, A700.
    Congratulations!! You and Gringo were the class of the league. Fittingly, it came down to a tie in the finals and you won the tie-breaker.

Having finished first in the regular season and winning the Championship, you win all of the prizes. I will send you the winnings by Paypal. U.N. can cut out the middle man and pay you his dues directly if that is okay with you guys.

BTW, I can't find the past history for the league. Do you know where I can find that?

Click on your team, find “fantasy profile” and there are barious options to see how your team has done inpast years. It will show yearly records and playoff results.

Click on your team, find “fantasy profile” and there are barious options to see how your team has done inpast years. It will show yearly records and playoff results.
    Thanks. Do you want to wait for me to collect from UN or can he pay you directly? I will send you the other winnings of $180 tonight.

Thanks. Do you want to wait for me to collect from UN or can he pay you directly? I will send you the other winnings of $180 tonight.
    I'll try to work it out with him. Cut out the middle man. He said his paypal account was suspended or something.

I'm spending my winnings on 1975 Topps #616. I asked for this card my whole childhood, but never got it.

I'm spending my winnings on 1975 Topps #616. I asked for this card my whole childhood, but never got it.
    Cool, I figured that it was a Jim Ed rookie card. Did you get a graded card?