Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League -- Mike Grace Memorial League

That Robbie Ray/Berrios trade was a joke, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That Robbie Ray/Berrios trade was a joke, right?
    LOL!

I just talked to the owners of both teams, and let them know that it is an unfair trade and that it will not be approved by any means.

Said that it won't happen again. Seems like Bartolo Colon team's owner is kind of disappointed and put all his players available LOL!. I let him know that this is not how this works. I will try to help Bartolo Colon team to improve his performance and be more competitive. I think last year he did a decent tournament.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I currently have Stanton, Altuve, Correa, Cruz and Dee Gordon on DL, and Mike Trout just got hurt as well.
    Cruz came back, but now I have Corey Seager and Yoan moncada likely hitting DL as well. This is absurd lol

Of course Mike Trout gets surgery for my playoff matchup

Of course Mike Trout gets surgery for my playoff matchup
    What are you whining about... one of my best pitchers got leukemia.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What are you whining about... one of my best pitchers got leukemia.
    Oh yeah? Look what my star closer Felipe Vazquez did!

Bigger danger to kids: Felipe Vazquez or leukemia?

Suggestion for next season - I think it would be much better if we ended our fantasy season at least a week or two before real life season ends. Similar to how in fantasy football, most leagues don’t count week 17, due to all the players resting and not pushing injuries. In my championship matchup, me and whomever I’m playing have had so many guys get shut down, or get extra rest. I had to drop Trout before our matchup due to him shutting it down early with Angles being eliminated. Correa, Vlad Jr and etc have basically been shut down as well.. and my opponent literally has like 4 starting pitchers who got scratched from their starts due to their teams being eliminated and Rockies shut down Arenado on him lol.

We had to adjust to this in my fantasy basketball team a few years ago when me and my opponent on last Wednesday of NBA season had KD, Lebron, Beal, Wall, and others “rest” or be “shut down”.

Again not a complaint, just a suggestion. I appreciate all the effort put into the league by A700 and everyone. Hopefully my team can finish off this last Sunday strong.

Suggestion for next season - I think it would be much better if we ended our fantasy season at least a week or two before real life season ends. Similar to how in fantasy football, most leagues don’t count week 17, due to all the players resting and not pushing injuries. In my championship matchup, me and whomever I’m playing have had so many guys get shut down, or get extra rest. I had to drop Trout before our matchup due to him shutting it down early with Angles being eliminated. Correa, Vlad Jr and etc have basically been shut down as well.. and my opponent literally has like 4 starting pitchers who got scratched from their starts due to their teams being eliminated and Rockies shut down Arenado on him lol.

We had to adjust to this in my fantasy basketball team a few years ago when me and my opponent on last Wednesday of NBA season had KD, Lebron, Beal, Wall, and others “rest” or be “shut down”.

Again not a complaint, just a suggestion. I appreciate all the effort put into the league by A700 and everyone. Hopefully my team can finish off this last Sunday strong.
    Agreed. Remind me about this when next season rolls around.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The Championship round between Notorious P.A.P.I. and Scott's Team is going down to the final day. Scott's team is leading 6-4 with several categories that are very close. Good luck to the teams.

Congratulations to Jasonbay44 as his team won the Championship of the 2019 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League in a hard fought close final round!!

RED ALERT! RED ALERT! I checked the website this morning and it had been updated to show a 5-5 tie in the Championship Round. As of last night it showed Scott's Team as a 6-4 victor. This is really bad by Yahoo. The first tie-breaker is head to head record in the regular season. Well, these 2 teams were so evenly matched that they tied 5-5 in each of their 2 head to head contests. The second tie-breaker used by Yahoo is the playoff seeding and Notorious was the #1 Seed in the playoffs. Congratulations to Karlos from Notorious P.A.P.I. Sorry about that Scott's Team. What a finish!!

I don’t understand what Yahoo is doing or what happened. But when I went to bed I had won 6-4 and even gotten an email confirming I won, and congratulating me. They I see it’s a tie and lost on a random tie breaker? Awesome, Yahoo, awesome.

I don’t understand what Yahoo is doing or what happened. But when I went to bed I had won 6-4 and even gotten an email confirming I won, and congratulating me. They I see it’s a tie and lost on a random tie breaker? Awesome, Yahoo, awesome.
    The email was from me ... I think, but I saw the same thing when I went to bed. I will wait another day before making payouts to see if Yahoo changes the result again of gives an explanation. I have never seen this happen in a Fantasy league ... where the server got it wrong.

YahooGate