Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: General catch-all baseball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I think the unwritten rules of baseball are easily the dumbest thing in any sport. The logic of the Marlins "needing" to hit Ronald Acuna because they cant get him out is just stupid. If you are that offended by his homers, maybe don't give them up to him?
    I agree with that completely. That said, since the Marlins did hit Acuna, retaliation is 100% in order. I am a strong believer in the unwritten rule of having your teammate's back.

The AL Central is embarrassing. The A's, Mariners, Angels, Rays, Phillies, Nationals, Brewers, Cardinals, Pirates, Rockies, Dodgers, and Giants are all behind in their divisions, and they would all be leading that division if they replaced the Indians. The Indians are the only team over .500, and they're only 19 games over in mid-August, which isn't even that great. There's a very good chance that three of the five teams in the AL Central won't win 70 games. The NL West is almost as unimpressive, four of the five teams are separated by six games, and the top three are separated by only two games. The D-Backs are leading at 12 games over .500. Has there been another season in recent memory with this many mediocre teams? There are 30 teams in baseball and NINETEEN of them are 10 games or less over .500.
    Last edited by Youk Of The Nation; Yesterday at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Do you think V.Guerrero Jr. has proven he can handle Double A pitching? He only hit .402 in Double A. He is currently in Triple A where he is hitting .353 at the age of 19 years old! I guess he will be in the major leagues sometime next year. Problem is, the Blue Jays might not surround him with sufficient talent at the major league level to win divisions. I guess he will be another Mike Trout, one of the best players in the league but on a so-so team.

Looking at the Blue Jays farm system, they have a few other quality prospects, like Bo Bichette, but the system isn't loaded with talent. To win with Guerrero Jr., they will probably have to spend big money on free agent pitching. Are the Blue Jays prepared to do that?
    He is absolutely MLB ready, I just don't think Jays have any reason to bring him up right now and waste his service time clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I agree with that completely. That said, since the Marlins did hit Acuna, retaliation is 100% in order. I am a strong believer in the unwritten rule of having your teammate's back.
    I agree with that part, I don't think its really an unwritten rule though, in any sport you should have your teammates back. I mean the unwritten rules that caused the Marlins to hit Acuna for no logical reason other than him being good is dumb. That really shouldn't be a thing.