Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Yanks v Sox, rivalry renewed

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    It shouldn't - though his hobbies on Twitter make that tough. 2004 is hard to sully for me - but Curt's tryin ...
    It was red marker on the sock
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    It shouldn't - though his hobbies on Twitter make that tough. 2004 is hard to sully for me - but Curt's tryin ...
    I think 2004 should never be tainted by looking at it through the filter of stuff that's happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Then he should stick to sports?
    I have no problem with Shill having opinions.

I just wish he could have filtered his big mouth so I could have one person on the ESPN games that was interesting to listen to.

Instead I have to listen to Mendoza who I don't care for at all.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Rookie phenom Juan Soto hits his first major league home run to beat the Yanks in the suspended game!

(It's technically his first home run, because the game started on May 15 LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Rookie phenom Juan Soto hits his first major league home run to beat the Yanks in the suspended game!

(It's technically his first home run, because the game started on May 15 LOL)
    Juan hit his 1st major league homer while still in the minors. He got brought up on May 19th.

All-Star
    I think we can thank Juan Soto for beating the Yanks three times since coming up. They have another kid even better than him (CF) still in the minors, so maybe it's so-long to Harper.

If the yankees are successful in trading for de Grom, then I think it is game set and match for them for this year.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    If the yankees are successful in trading for de Grom, then I think it is game set and match for them for this year.
    If true, we'd better get another right hand batter to use against Steve Paxton in Oct.

But de Grom won't go cheaply... not to the Yanks.
    Last edited by fxkatt; 06-18-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    If true, we'd better get another right hand batter to use against Steve Paxton in Oct.

But de Grom won't go cheaply... not to the Yanks.
    Even if the Yankees gave up Torres, Sheffield, Andujar and another prospect or two, they still win the trade and the World Series because de grom is the missing rotation piece for them.

It's not even the ASB yet and the Yanks/Sox have a 15 game lead over the third place team. Pretty crazy.

Even if the Yankees gave up Torres, Sheffield, Andujar and another prospect or two, they still win the trade and the World Series because de grom is the missing rotation piece for them.
    Not true at all. Our rotation ERA is solid. Our ERA in June is best in the AL. Our offense cannot hit right now for some reason. We are 17th in the MLB in runs scored in June yet are 12-4. That should tell you something. Giving up your proposal is just ridiculous. We have the depth to absorb it, but Andujar and Torres have been our #2 and #3 best hitters in the lineup after Judge. No way we move those guys.

We have depth on depth in the minors on the pitching side. A big trade could help move some of that out. I wont touch ANYTHING in the majors right now save German. If the Mets insist, then they can find a better partner. I also label Sheff and Frazier untouchable, unless Cashman has legitimate plans to add Harper in the offseason. If he does, then deal Frazier away. I think Frazier has a good shot at being our starting LFer next season. I'd be willing to move Drury, but I'd rather not as I think he is our long term 2b with Torres moving to SS when Didi hits FA. We have pitching on pitching on pitching down there, and I doubt anyone would be willing to give up more than us. I'd assume the Mets would want 4 players. I'd send them Florial and Acevedo as front liners with a choice of 2 other pitchers or position players down the line.
    Hal sucks

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    It's not even the ASB yet and the Yanks/Sox have a 15 game lead over the third place team. Pretty crazy.
    The Red Sox and Yankees have the advantage of playing in a division with three losing teams that are a combined 41 games below .500.

The AL East is a cumulative 9 games above .500 while the AL West, with four teams at .500 or above, is a cumulative 33 games above .500. The AL East is 46-55 in head-to-head competition against the AL West this season.

Headed by the defending World Series champion and presumptive 2018 favorite Houston Astros, the AL West may set the pace this season.

Fine by me. Let them beat each other up and one of us take the 1 seed. The AL West had been a graveyard the past few seasons with one team separating and the rest stagnating while the Yankees, Sox, Rays, Jays and O's have all been good within the recent past
    Hal sucks

Stop. Just stop.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Fine by me. Let them beat each other up and one of us take the 1 seed. The AL West had been a graveyard the past few seasons with one team separating and the rest stagnating while the Yankees, Sox, Rays, Jays and O's have all been good within the recent past
    The AL East has represented the American League in the World Series once in the past eight seasons.