Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yankees IF Competition (2B, 3B & Utility)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    That’s a steal
    Yep

Even better than originally reported, minimum financial exposure.

I'm a little torn because I was ready for Andujar/Torres in the lineup, but it's not like we are losing them, that extra time in the minors will only be good for them

Extra year of prime we just gained

Legend
    He has 115 HRS as a LHB, in that park, he could put another 20 easily. Also, makes him Trade bait for more Prospects, these are deals all GM's should make. Sometimes your not only looking at the present, but things could change as season progresses to help team in long run.

The big thing about Walker is it gives us someone who is as consistent as they come on a short term, minimal money deal at a key position of need. Gleyber is proving this spring that he isn't ready. Wade is proving he could be ready. Torreyes is holding his own. Andujar is hitting the shit out of the ball. Drury is hitting the piss out of the ball. Now you add in Walker. I agree on the trade front. If Walker puts up his standard .260/.340/.440 line and Gleyber is just killing it in the minors, then deal Walker for useful parts and bring up Torres. He cements our ability to give the kids more time AND add a year of control onto their prime. He also will give us consistent offense. The lineup is bonkers. I love the move
    Hal sucks

Looking better and better, it looks like the IF will be something like this:

2B Walker
    3B Drury
    UT Toe or Wade

I love Toe, but he's the one with the lowest ceiling and his floor is as low as the one for Wade, so ideally he might go back to AAA he still have options left

I send Torreyes down since Wade is a speed demon. Also, Wade is the better fielder as well as a natural SS and I think Wade has a lot more offensive potential than Torreyes. I think Wade can be a .280/.350/.400 guy one day with 30 steals and play top notch D as a 2b. Torreyes just doesn't have that in him
    Hal sucks

Torres optioned to the minors

Its reasonable. Send him down, let him get comfortable. It wont be the last we see of him
    Hal sucks

Andujar sent down. Wade may win the starting 2b job, although I doubt it

Andujar sent down. Wade may win the starting 2b job, although I doubt it
    Wade doing a terrific job, he's auditioning for the utility job

Wade is definitely auditioning for a utlity job. I do wonder, though, if Wade might be showing enough to make Walker be more the utility guy. I think Walker ends up winning the job out of ST, but he and Wade might be on a time share to start
    Hal sucks

Wade is definitely auditioning for a utlity job. I do wonder, though, if Wade might be showing enough to make Walker be more the utility guy. I think Walker ends up winning the job out of ST, but he and Wade might be on a time share to start
    Either way they are punching Toe's ticket out of town

Wade has earned a spot on the opening day roster per Aaron Boone

Wade and Toe both probably start on the 25 until Ellsbury gets off of the DL. Then who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Wade and Toe both probably start on the 25 until Ellsbury gets off of the DL. Then who knows.
    IT will be a nice audition for Wade, any word on when Ellsbury is coming back?