Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Hello Red Sox Nation, from guinness22

Hello Red Sox Nation, from guinness22

Greetings all, from Calgary Canada. Red Sox fan as long as I can remember being able to see some of the Sox games on TV up here in the early 80's, if I recall correctly on WSBK Boston - we didn't have cable until then as we moved alot and were living in small towns prior to that ;-). Grew up playing baseball and/or fast-pitch softball (depending on what leagues existed in the towns we were in/near) as well as hockey (of course) and many other sports (basketball, volleyball, track, etc...back when kids had 'seasons' in their various sports, now it seems they are all year round and kids have to choose early...a bit sad IMHO). My grandfather loved baseball (a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, and later the Toronto Blue Jays when they joined) so my dad and his brother grew up playing competitive baseball (they are in the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame, part of a little league team that won nationals in back to back years - I believe it was - when they were kids). I certainly got the love and passion for baseball from my dad and my grandfather, and with the advent of technology and the MLB package I've been able to watch as many Red Sox games as my busy schedule has allowed over the past decade or two. More recently I took early retirement in December, turned 50 in Feb, and am now looking forward to Opening Day 2018 with a little more time on my hands to watch the Sox!! In fact, in 10 minutes I will be firing up the AppleTV to watch a little BOS @ PIT Spring Training baseball...So, Go Sox!

All the best to RSN,
    g22

Quote Originally Posted by guinness22 View Post
    Greetings all, from Calgary Canada. Red Sox fan as long as I can remember being able to see some of the Sox games on TV up here in the early 80's, if I recall correctly on WSBK Boston - we didn't have cable until then as we moved alot and were living in small towns prior to that ;-). Grew up playing baseball and/or fast-pitch softball (depending on what leagues existed in the towns we were in/near) as well as hockey (of course) and many other sports (basketball, volleyball, track, etc...back when kids had 'seasons' in their various sports, now it seems they are all year round and kids have to choose early...a bit sad IMHO). My grandfather loved baseball (a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, and later the Toronto Blue Jays when they joined) so my dad and his brother grew up playing competitive baseball (they are in the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame, part of a little league team that won nationals in back to back years - I believe it was - when they were kids). I certainly got the love and passion for baseball from my dad and my grandfather, and with the advent of technology and the MLB package I've been able to watch as many Red Sox games as my busy schedule has allowed over the past decade or two. More recently I took early retirement in December, turned 50 in Feb, and am now looking forward to Opening Day 2018 with a little more time on my hands to watch the Sox!! In fact, in 10 minutes I will be firing up the AppleTV to watch a little BOS @ PIT Spring Training baseball...So, Go Sox!

All the best to RSN,
    g22
    Welcome to Talksox.

The rogue state of Red Sox Nation.

Your Dad would fit in here too. We have several members who are old time Brooklyn Dodgers fans and are now Red Sox fans.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."