Register now to remove this ad

Thread: A Realistic View of 2019 Part 1

Deity

A Realistic View of 2019 Part 1

Just beating moonslav to the punch.

But seriously, come tomorrow, TITLE DEFENSE BEGINS!!!

120 wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

ESPN's Way too Early Rankings for 2019 has the Red Sox at #4.

Minutes after beating LA, days after beating NYY and HOU, they put all of those teams ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post

Minutes after beating LA, days after beating NYY and HOU, they put all of those teams ahead.
    ESPN is a failure of an organization.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

173 - 0
    I get MV Pee.

This post is too early man... the champagne is still flowin’!

CHAMPS BABYYYY!!!!!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post

CHAMPS BABYYYY!!!!!
    Well this is as tradition dictates...

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post

Click baity.

But the cliiiiiifffffffffff............
    I get MV Pee.

It’s not clickbait. It’s somewhat reasonable, but that assumes a lot. No team has repeated since the 2000 Yanks won their third in a row. There’s 18 years of history there. The Sox ace looks hurt and it’s a shoulder issue, which puts his production for 2019 in question. Kimbrel, Eovaldi, Kelly and Pearce are all FA’s with the Sox already against the cap. While Price looked awesome in the POs, he’ll be another year older and had a big workload this year. The questions are there for sure

No way I put Houston above them. Both with Keuchel and Morton hitting FA. Unless HOU gets a discount, they can’t afford those guys. Yes, they’ve got MiLB talent, but there’s no way they’re gonna replace that production.

NYY is the biggest wildcard. Our pen takes a hit with Britton and Robertson entering free agency. Happ and CC are FA’s too. But we’ve got a literal shit ton of money in our pockets and the prospects to make a move too. Stanton enters year two as well, which is historically the best year for our star acquisitions. But moving them above BOS is assuming we spend and don’t get outspent. We aren’t as carefree with the checkbook as we used to be. And while pitching is what we need, the biggest and shiniest toys on the market swing a bat.

The Dodgers have a bright future with a solid farm and Buehler ready to take the reigns. But they’ve got to figure out the Kershaw situation and need a new manager.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It’s not clickbait. It’s somewhat reasonable, but that assumes a lot. No team has repeated since the 2000 Yanks won their third in a row. There’s 18 years of history there. The Sox ace looks hurt and it’s a shoulder issue, which puts his production for 2019 in question. Kimbrel, Eovaldi, Kelly and Pearce are all FA’s with the Sox already against the cap. While Price looked awesome in the POs, he’ll be another year older and had a big workload this year. The questions are there for sure

No way I put Houston above them. Both with Keuchel and Morton hitting FA. Unless HOU gets a discount, they can’t afford those guys. Yes, they’ve got MiLB talent, but there’s no way they’re gonna replace that production.

NYY is the biggest wildcard. Our pen takes a hit with Britton and Robertson entering free agency. Happ and CC are FA’s too. But we’ve got a literal shit ton of money in our pockets and the prospects to make a move too. Stanton enters year two as well, which is historically the best year for our star acquisitions. But moving them above BOS is assuming we spend and don’t get outspent. We aren’t as carefree with the checkbook as we used to be. And while pitching is what we need, the biggest and shiniest toys on the market swing a bat.

The Dodgers have a bright future with a solid farm and Buehler ready to take the reigns. But they’ve got to figure out the Kershaw situation and need a new manager.
    The Red Sox will do their due diligence I think. They get it. It isn't all about these uber talented free agents. It is all about finding solid unselfish talent and putting them out there to play as a team. John Henry sounded and looked like he was having a pretty good time last night. I don't think that it matters to this franchise right now how anyone projects them to finish next year. You win with good people - they get it and they'll be back I imagine.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post

CHAMPS BABYYYY!!!!!
    I agree. Plenty of time to discuss the future, which is bright. Now is the time to celebrate what this team has accomplished.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    120 wins
    Anything less is an unmitigated failure.