Register now to remove this ad

Page 326 of 326 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326
Results 4,876 to 4,879 of 4879

Thread: A Realistic View at 2018: Part II

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Even with price pitching better as of late, I still doubt very much that he opts out.

Obviously if jd continues to put up monster numbers, there is a chance he could opt out, but I would think it might depend on what the market for bats is that offseason.
    I agree. I'd put Price's chances of opting out at less than 1%.

I'm not sure about JD. He'll be 2 years older and looking more and more like a DH/4th OF'er type.

I also think we can probably afford to give JD a bump is salary to keep him here, if we choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Future contract notes:

Sale's 2019 option is $15M not $13.5 due to finishing in the top 5 in Cy Young in the past.

Nunez saw his 2019 option go up from $4M to $5M by reaching 400 PAs this year.

Moreland probably won't make the $25K he gets for reaching 500 PAs. He has 435 now.

Price may opt out after this year.

JD may opt out after next year with $2.5M buyout. or after 2020 (no buyout).
    Price is not opting out unless he has a huge postseason, no way he gets a contract similar to the one he has in the open market

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Price is not opting out unless he has a huge postseason, no way he gets a contract similar to the one he has in the open market
    He could go 5-0 0.00 and he ain't opting out.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He could go 5-0 0.00 and he ain't opting out.
    The only way he opts out is if he really wants to leave. But even then, his agent (whom he did hire for career advice) would strongly recommend against it....