Register now to remove this ad

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Yankee Season Game thread

Why is Boone leaving Tanaka in?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Why is Boone leaving Tanaka in?
    He had 77 pitches when he got YANK. That is leaving Tanaka in?

Weird stat: Chad Green has given up runs in 8 games this year. 7 of those games were started by Tanaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    He had 77 pitches when he got YANK. That is leaving Tanaka in?
    He’d completed 6 innings against a potent offense in his second game coming off a month long layoff

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Weird stat: Chad Green has given up runs in 8 games this year. 7 of those games were started by Tanaka.
    That’s real strange. Green spit the bit today. It happens. He’s been nails all year. Interesting to see Cleveland go with Carrasco to bridge to Allen

I’m perplexed by the alignment out of the break. I am wondering if Boone is looking ahead to the Sox series and is lining guys up for it. Otherwise, why start German first game out of the break. Sevy threw what amounts to a bullpen at the ASB which you do on day 3 or 4 of your cycle (game day is day 1, long toss day 2, etc). If they wanted to give him a little rest, coming back in the Mets series makes more sense. Instead Boone throws our worst pitcher in game one out of the break. Surprising to say the least. Maybe he’s banking on the Mets anemic offense to fold against German’s stuff.

I just mapped it out. That’s exactly what he’s doing. By starting German first, the Sox will miss Gray in their 4 game set. I think Boone knows he has to have Gray miss the sox

Here's hoping a rain out or DH fuck up Boonie's plan.

Here's hoping that 2nd half Sonny Gray doesn't completely suck ass

I just mapped it out. That’s exactly what he’s doing. By starting German first, the Sox will miss Gray in their 4 game set. I think Boone knows he has to have Gray miss the sox
    Boone is obviously afraid of the Sox, as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Boone is obviously afraid of the Sox, as he should be.
    I'm curious to see if the Red Sox try to schedule Price to miss that series as well

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I'm curious to see if the Red Sox try to schedule Price to miss that series as well
    i don’t think that he will, and I think Price will step it up against the Yankees the next time.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Mapping it out, Price is currently scheduled to pitch Game 3 against the Yankees.

With the injuries to ERod, Pom, and Wright, I really can't see the Sox scheduling Price to miss that series.

Even without the injuries, I think it would be a bad idea to skip Price's turn against the Yankees anyway. For one, I think it sends the wrong message to Price. For two, the optics all around would be bad. For three, we need Price to be good in high stakes games. The only way to do that is to throw him right back out there.

Boone is overthinking. Probably psyched out. Dumb. Now he is setting the Yankees up for a loss tonight. Syndergaard vs German gives the Mets a real shot. Then Gray goes tomorrow and they face DeGrom Sunday night. Sox will continue to win and pull away.

The Mets can’t hit. If we’re gonna burn German and Gray, this is when to do it. I think Boone knows that each yanks-sox game is worth two in the standings. Also, German’s start vs the Sox is right after the deadline. There’s a chance German is donning a new uniform at that time