Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 365

Thread: Hanley Ramirez Option Tracker

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    True, especially with the Sox continually bidding only against itself.
    Do we really get any reliable info on who's bidding against who?

  2. #227
    Meh! Thread title changed, so now all my posts make zero sense. Fantastic. Lol

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Do we really get any reliable info on who's bidding against who?
    No, but I doubt anyone was offering Moreland anything close to what the Sox offered. The JMart situation is a little more murky.

    I doubt anyone came near the HRam and Pablo offers.

    The Price signing may have had competition.

  4. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

    I doubt anyone came near the HRam and Pablo offers.
    IIRC, the stories at the time were that a) HRam could have gotten more; b) the Giants were willing to match our offer but Pablo preferred Boston.

  5. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Do we really get any reliable info on who's bidding against who?
    i cannot divulge the teams but....
    we were bidding against 2 AL teams for Hanley. 0 NL.
    we were only bidding against 1 NL team for panda. (you can probably guess which one). 0 AL.
    we only bid against ourselves for Price. 1 other AL team was floating contract offers but these were never to be taken serious.
    other names i have posted under: none

  6. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i cannot divulge the teams but....
    we were bidding against 2 AL teams for Hanley. 0 NL.
    we were only bidding against 1 NL team for panda. (you can probably guess which one). 0 AL.
    we only bid against ourselves for Price. 1 other AL team was floating contract offers but these were never to be taken serious.
    Do you know secrets Slasher? lol

  7. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i cannot divulge the teams but....
    we were bidding against 2 AL teams for Hanley. 0 NL.
    we were only bidding against 1 NL team for panda. (you can probably guess which one). 0 AL.
    we only bid against ourselves for Price. 1 other AL team was floating contract offers but these were never to be taken serious.
    I read where St. Louis was in on Price and had an offer on the table that DD outbid.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I read where St. Louis was in on Price and had an offer on the table that DD outbid.
    That's what I remember too.

  9. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I'd like to see Hanley's contract rewritten to state that if Hanley gets 497 plate appearances, Price opts out...
    LOL

    You're a funny dude Notin.

  10. #235
    How is Hanley looking?

  11. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by station 13 View Post
    how is hanley looking?
    dfa
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  12. #237
    All he wants is personal stats. He wants to go 30/30 this year. Let him do it elsewhere. This team is about wins NOT personal accolades. This is what I believe so it must be true.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  13. #238
    Hanley is at 120PA in 27 games. He hasn't appeared in only 3 games. He needs 377PA's over the next 132 games to trigger the option. Barring a serious injury, he is going to hit that, and the sox will really have issues next season fielding the kind of team that is on the field right now
    The rebuild is complete.

  14. #239
    I say sign him to an extension. he can hit/play 1b the next 3 years until Devers needs to move to 1b.
    when I started typing this post I was being sarcastic. but after typing it I am now serious. sign hanley to a 2 year extension.
    other names i have posted under: none

  15. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Hanley is at 120PA in 27 games. He hasn't appeared in only 3 games. He needs 377PA's over the next 132 games to trigger the option. Barring a serious injury, he is going to hit that, and the sox will really have issues next season fielding the kind of team that is on the field right now
    The option vesting would have an impact for 2019, but it really shouldn't be a severe impact. Especially if he keeps hitting like he has been.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •